NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

43 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Wondered for a while who the next guy is in NXT. Looked a cert to be Dream. Then Keith Lee. Does last night suggest to anyone else that it's Kross?

I've thought Kross and Scarlett were money for a while now. I'd imagine HHH and Vince think so too. Both of them are archetype 'WWE Superstar' material.
So who's to blame for Velveteen Dream? I mean he seems to have gone from the next stand-out superstar to just another wrestler on the card. 

You'd think Kross is bound to be the next guy in NXT with the way he's been presented. I could see Balor as the next champion and as a transition to Kross. HHH seems to love his dominant heel champions. 

God knows what they do with the Undisputed lads once Cole drops the belt. They'd have a low ceiling on the main roster and I'm not sure Cole would go for it, and there's fuck all for them to do in NXT other than the split angle. They could get some juice out of them as babyfaces I suppose.

Bringing in The Dream anytime soon would be a massive mistake. Not only does he still need a lot of polish, his act is flat as fuck without a real crowd for him to feed off. Watch him end up on Raw by the end of the summer.

Clocks ticking on Keith Lee. He felt like the hottest act in the company late last year, but he's done next to fuck all of note since the Royal Rumble. I worry about him and Bianca Belair, and if they've already peaked. They could be two proper black stars.

Anyone else find Kross’s entrance cringey more than intimidating? The stare into the ring, Scarlett mouthing the words, it just doesn’t seem convincing to me. Feels like they are trying too hard. Whereas Dexter Lumis is creepy as fook. He had a great dead-eyed stare in TNA and I like the way he plays it. And this is coming from someone who loves the Undertaker’s entrances! 

Fun show, loved all the throwbacks to the past with Todd, DX, the ice cream bar and IcoPro ads and having the IYH entrance set

The band playing the show’s theme were utter shite as was the Backlot Brawl, the latter due to the Bucky Beaver overuse of cameras and the fact that Cole and Dream don’t mesh well imo

Lee and Gargano was match of the night for me, just edging the Women’s title match but Priest/Balor and the 6 woman tag were good too and Kross looked very impressive choking out Ciampa 

Be interesting to see if they are going to have a Takeover for Summerslam weekend and in what direction they go with the title feuds

26 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

They moved Dijakovic? I read about Riddle going to Smackers but that one’s passed me by. Which show’s he off to? 

Read last week he did vignettes or a match for Raw during the tapings.

UE would be a great force to dominate on SD for Reigns and Uso's to work with, SD really needs the help.

Dream seems to have struggled since NXT went live in Sept, dunno what happened but he seemed to be "off" or lose momentum, injury aside he seemed to be struggling to find his spot I guess

1 minute ago, The Cutting Edge said:

Dream seems to have struggled since NXT went live in Sept, dunno what happened but he seemed to be "off" or lose momentum, injury aside he seemed to be struggling to find his spot I guess

I dont think they're willing to commit to whatever they need to do with him now they're on a proper network. His shit booking definitely coincided with the move and he's been very safe or cringeworthy since.

6 minutes ago, NorthSeaTiger said:

Anyone else find Kross’s entrance cringey more than intimidating? The stare into the ring, Scarlett mouthing the words, it just doesn’t seem convincing to me. Feels like they are trying too hard. Whereas Dexter Lumis is creepy as fook. He had a great dead-eyed stare in TNA and I like the way he plays it. And this is coming from someone who loves the Undertaker’s entrances! 

Yep. The cut-outs in the crowd chanting "fall and pray!" made it ten times worse as well.

Lumis is a shit Nailz.

I’m a bit wary of the Robert Stone character going full-on petty parody. It wouldn’t surprise me if in three weeks, he’s constantly massaging the ego of a bleached-hair Bo Dallas and eyeing up Bo’s dog. It was a solid scene for Rhea Ripley, though.

I have zero interest in Karrion Kross vs Adam Cole, but I can’t think of anything else I’d go with as the top feud either. 

28 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

I have zero interest in Karrion Kross vs Adam Cole, but I can’t think of anything else I’d go with as the top feud either. 

Its a weird dynamic between those two so not sure it's going to work. I didn't expect him to go for the title straight away to be honest. But yeah there's not many other options for Cole at the moment.

• Paid Members

So is Kross now randomly a babyface? Looks like Damien Priest is too.

Just like Finn Balor. And Dexter Lumis. And Io Shirai. (She's still a Joshi Judas though, apparently.)

Considering it was Cody who put out the "faces & heels don't matter anymore" tweet, they mean less in NXT than anywhere.

As a non regular watcher of NXT since it stopped being put on the Network here until a week later.....I was so confused during the Balor vs. Priest match at Takeover.   I had no idea who was supposed to be the good guy and who was the bad guy.

24 minutes ago, The Cutting Edge said:

I'd say Kross is still a heel but wants the title (as he should), Priest after his promo is heading or is a face, Balor seems like a tweener going after whoever he sets his sights on or goes after him.

100% agree.

Bálor turned heel on Gargano but it got confusing when he was attacked by Imperium (heels) then had subsequent feuds with heels in Grimes and Priest. I would have said there was an argument for saying he was a face but then he challenged Keith Lee so I’m with The Cutting Edge on this one.

I’d also argue that Bálor (as 2nd longest reigning NXT Champion) is the more natural feud for Adam Cole and I would have had Priest take the North American Championship from Keith Lee before Lee is fast-tracked to the main roster.

Re: call-ups, I think it’s only Lee & Undisputed Era at this point. I bet they’re dying to replay Lee vs. Dijakovic too. Gargano’s a lifer and would get lost on the main roster. Ciampa’s got every chance of making it though but I think he needs to complete his storyline arc by reclaiming Goldie first.

And Velveteen Dream is f*cked at this point!