NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

14 hours ago, Philjax said:

Props to WWE in making Scarlett look bang average. A gazillion times hotter in her Impact run. She's meant to be Sunny x Sable x Trish, not some goth weirdo.

Also Shotzi Blackheart giving herself the equivalent of a Misawa/Kobashi head drop from the top rope to the outside mats was not a pretty sight. Lucky girl to walk away from that....

I assume nobody has dropped some photos of her in TNA and the like infront of Vince yet. The moment he gets a sniff of that she's on the main roster and as far away from her husband as he can get her!

• Paid Members

Anyone else find this whole Drake Maverick thing a bit sickening? Not a knock on Drake, more how WWE have exploited it. And now they've had their "feel good moment" do you think they'll actually do anything with him? No chance.

• Paid Members

Drake Maverick was the only thing worth giving a shit about in that entire company and typically they still managed to balls it up.

Doing all that unnecessary nonsense last week with Kushida that killed his momentum, making him a loser who doesn't even win the tournament, then having him cry and hug a towering Triple H as he gets given a pity contract. Which he doesn't read. The whole thing couldn't have been done much worse. He ends up being just another guy on the roster, who not only lost in the end, but arguably shouldn't have been in the final to begin with. No bigger a star than he was previously, destined to do fuck all for the foreseeable future. They were handed a gem of a situation that scripted itself and managed to wring all fun and joy out of it until all that was left was the usual bland, vaccuous, sleazy, isolated "feel-good moment," that'll lead nowhere. They're fucking terrible at writing stories.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

I love how everyone's giving it a chance.

Yeah because if there's one thing WWE has proved in the past 10 years is it knows to how write and present a compelling story with a logical, satisfying conclusion.

We should just give it a chance.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

Anyone else find this whole Drake Maverick thing a bit sickening? Not a knock on Drake, more how WWE have exploited it. And now they've had their "feel good moment" do you think they'll actually do anything with him? No chance.

Everything with that lot is a PR exercise. Says nothing for the other releases who took their firings quietly.

Still, they’ve given him Ric Flair’s crying gimmick at least.

Edited by garynysmon

44 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

I love how everyone's giving it a chance.

It wasn’t 100% accurate to how I’d have done it, therefore my review is the same as my review for every storyline they’ve done since about 2001 (or about three months after I discovered the wrestling internet): FUCK YOU, VINCE, I’M GOING TO MY ROOM! 

Edited by King Pitcos

• Paid Members
On 6/3/2020 at 10:41 PM, Philjax said:

Props to WWE in making Scarlett look bang average. A gazillion times hotter in her Impact run. She's meant to be Sunny x Sable x Trish, not some goth weirdo.

They definitely should have kept her coming out in her Ann Summers gear on a PG show, sure.

• Paid Members

There's probably a discussion to be had for when WWE have delivered their most logical or satisfying conclusions to storylines. Unfortunately, the first one that came to my mind was Daniel Bryan at Wrestlemania 30, and every report suggests that was a complete accident that went against everything they originally had planned!

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

It wasn’t 100% accurate to how I’d have done it, therefore my review is the same as my review for every storyline they’ve done since about 2001 (or about three months after I discovered the wrestling internet): FUCK YOU, VINCE, I’M GOING TO MY ROOM! 

bored over it GIF

15 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

sam winchester yawn GIF