NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

2 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

I don't think it is true. People wanting something has never been different. The outlet to express how much they want it has. But that doesn't matter. The anticipation is still the best bit. If you fold because of what you see on social media or hear from some people in the crowd then that's on you. Unless something unanimously isn't working, then you plot your course and go with it. I think the biggest problem these days is they don't plot anything. They steer all over the place and try to jump on one thing after another. Desperation is never good when you're writing stories.

You're probably right. It's a whole different world of being able to see and hear peoples opinions compared to what it was when I first started watching. I might have read a few letters in magazines or chatted to some kids at school, but on the whole I just enjoyed it.

Same with (and excuse my geek hat) things like Doctor Who and Star Wars etc. In fact those comparisons are probably spot on in terms of often toxic fandoms online (regardless of what your opinion on the quality is). Although at least they have the benefit of mostly sticking to their guns due to it all being filmed before everyone shits all over it. But a lot of the time I really enjoy something and then come online and read bitching and moaning.

I've always thought that the instant feedback you get from crowds and online etc should be a good thing, but it's about taking it in context and understanding what to do with it.

9 hours ago, JNLister said:

If Maverick beats Kushida, doesn't that make a three-way tie with Atlas where the tiebreaker doesn't work because they'll be 1-1-1 against each other?

I think that’s how the JR Tag League finished in New Japan last year so they ended it with a 3 way. 

They probably won’t though.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, JNLister said:

If Maverick beats Kushida, doesn't that make a three-way tie with Atlas where the tiebreaker doesn't work because they'll be 1-1-1 against each other?

Yeah, and pretty sure that's where they'll head. Triple threat to break the tie. Eat up more TV time.

• Paid Members

I'm genuinely delighted for the lad. Either way he's took the release and turned it all around. Either they've re-signed him and he's winning the whole thing or he's leaving that company with a send off second only to Dean Ambrose. The ultimate babyface after that video, you've got to think there's a 99% chance he's sticking with WWE, but it's WWE, so who the fuck knows? I wouldn't be at all surprised if they don't even realise what they've got and let someone else capitalise.

• Paid Members

That video is superb and everything the WWE should be doing for all of its competitors - but truth be told, I'm thrilled to bits that Drake gets this treatment. I have everything crossed this means that his tearful promo did him a world of good. Hes ace.

• Awards Moderator

Excellent video, thanks for posting @Supremo. Whatever happens I wish the guy the best of luck, but I hope this means they’ve finally realised what they’ve got with him. Regardless, nobody else on the UKFF Shitarse 50 is ever going to get a WWE video package of that quality!

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

1 hour ago, Shy Dad said:

Only WWE could produce that video and have Maverick lose this week. 

Bobby Roode and some ducks reckon another promotion could've made a similar mistake