NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

the lip syncing is awful. The lighting change once he's in the ring is admittedly cool, but will start to wear thin if he's doing this whole schtick for every single match. The music is shit.

It’s definitely different, but I can see why there have been try-hard comments. It would be alright on a Takeover or WrestleMania maybe, but it’s a bit much for Full Sail, let alone the PC. I’d bet money on the meetings about it involving people saying “The crowd can sing along to it!”

The clip of the match itself, I don’t see anything interesting about Kross. That’s the second time I’ve seen that jobber, and the first time I saw him I thought his name was a play on Lio Rush.

Leon Ruff has been jobbing since early March so I doubt its a rib, got kicked about by Black on Raw a few times on early no fan Raws.

Same as the other guy wearing the Amature Wrestling Singlet he's been battered by everyone.

They should be like All Star and stick same guys under masks to mix it up

They just don't seem to bother trying to find niches for wrestlers they hire.  They hire on athletic ability/look, rather than hiring someone who fits into a space on the roster.

That's why Grimes is going ok - he's not got an identical gimmick to half a dozen other people.  I know @WyattSheepMask was being facetious about the hat, but at least it's something.

I would be very happy to not see a spoopy tattoo badman character again for a decade in WWE.  We've had Balor, Black and now Kross, plus similar attempts with Damien Priest and the throwback chap who got stage fright.  And that's with Taker and The Fiend on the main roster.

And they're not short of decent characters/wrestlers, so why keep forcing more into the system?  Dijakovic is clearly a great prospect.  Keith Lee is a good character.  Hell, Killian Dain deserves more screen time than he's got, a great big man with a really singular character.

Edited by Loki

• Paid Members

I liked much of the production of the Kross/Scarlett entrance, particularly the B&W to colour bit, but if she has to lip sync I'd make the following tweaks:

1) give her a head mic & pretend she's actually singing it, which would be infinitely cooler than having her pretending to sing it

2) get someone to teach her to lip sync it well, rather than poorly mouth it. Might need an in-ear monitor to get it right, particularly when crowd noise becomes a factor.

I'd also be tempted to give him the Mankind treatment and have different exit music, given how closely they are choreographing the entrance to the music - best to keep it distinct to that, IMO. Totally ripping off Mankind & having a soothing tune showing that he's totally at peace with what he's just done might be the way to go.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Kamran said:

I'm hoping the lip synching won't be a permanent thing! Other than that, I thought it had some pretty good visuals.

whats with the commentary? it sounds like the commentators voices have been slowed down.

25 minutes ago, Statto said:

I liked much of the production of the Kross/Scarlett entrance, particularly the B&W to colour bit, but if she has to lip sync I'd make the following tweaks:

1) give her a head mic & pretend she's actually singing it, which would be infinitely cooler than having her pretending to sing it

2) get someone to teach her to lip sync it well, rather than poorly mouth it. Might need an in-ear monitor to get it right, particularly when crowd noise becomes a factor.

Or she could just not lip sync..

• Paid Members

Could be an incredible bit of nostalgia. Would love them to dig out the old set, get Doc Hendrix on commentary, get Marty Jannetty and Leif Cassidy in for the opener. Get trips his win back in a pig pen match. Go nuts.