NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Colin Culk said:

Cheers, I saw that but when I click on it it only starts a 32 min programme. I’m assuming it’s either an error or BT only have rights to show highlights after the initial 24 hours.

No that's the length of the ladder match. On the app it breaks the shows down into segments. If you tap on your screen and then where is says "6 person ladder match" it will show you the other parts. Theres only 3 segments on this episode due to Gargano/Ciampa wrestling for eternity. 

52 minutes ago, The Ratt said:

No that's the length of the ladder match. On the app it breaks the shows down into segments. If you tap on your screen and then where is says "6 person ladder match" it will show you the other parts. Theres only 3 segments on this episode due to Gargano/Ciampa wrestling for eternity. 

Ah yes, I see now. Thanks so much.

The full show replay isn’t on the app on my Samsung TV either. I’ve got the show on now but I’ve had to plug my laptop into my tv to watch it!

The full show is on the app on iOS devices but can’t be cast (unlike other WWE shows which can be).

I’ve had faff like this with BT with football in the past. I’m hoping it’s just a temporary oversight while they get in sync with the network’s 7 day delay. I fear it might be a deliberate ploy.

It really is vintage WWE to turn fans off of their best product by heaping on additional cost and hassle.

Edited by Colin Culk

Yeah BT’s app is a bit crap like that. For presumably technical reasons, anything that is shown live with their ‘enhanced player’, with things like fast forwarding etc. is only available on their mobile/tablet apps and computers, and isn’t castable or viewable on a big screen (bar the workaround Colin mentioned). So as well as all their WWE it’s the same for any of their live football and rugby as well. 

Its only the edited highlights shows of various lengths rather than the original broadcasts that make it in to the normal on demand section, thus viewable on all devices.

Now that i'm up to date I was finally able to enjoy this weeks show on BT Sport. Some good stuff this week. Very happy to see Kross and Scarlett Bordeaux will be together by the looks of it. Didn't even notice them in the car at the end of last week.

So I watched my first episode of wrestling since the start of this crisis!  If you push through the awkwardness of no audience, you DO get used to it.

Surely Drake Maverick is actually staying in WWE?  Otherwise this is a particularly cruel way of ending his run.  If it IS a work, it's pretty distasteful to use mass redundancies as a storyline, but this is wrestling.

They seem to be throwing a lot of unknown people out there at the moment, I guess due to limited availability.   Timothy Thatcher looks like a decent hand, the rest were a bit random and forgettable.  There's no way Phantasmo is a cruiserweight though, and I'm guessing he's going to stick around as a major signing.  Another masked wrestler... yay.

Shotzi Blackheart has a habit of regularly getting her bum out during her matches.  Oh no.

The Dexter Lumis angle appears to have been booked on eWr in about 2002.  Nice touch having him visible in a few random shots earlier in the episode.  He and Dream would make a good odd-couple tag team.

Actually a fun episode, apart from the interminably awful Johnny Gargano shit-fest.  Seriously, just go away now.

5 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

is he still doing that stupid serial killer gimmick he had in TNA?

THAT'S who he is! I hadn't done much other than a perfunctory google of his new name, but of course, that's where I know him from! And yeah, kind of.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Daaaaaad! said:

THAT'S who he is! I hadn't done much other than a perfunctory google of his new name, but of course, that's where I know him from! And yeah, kind of.

I only just discovered that Norv Fernam is Peter Avalon of AEW fame

The Drake Maverick thing is super fucking weird. It's gonna be awful if they go through this story and fuck him off at the end anyway. I don't think that's happen though, they surely see how valuable he is with the focus he's getting. He was an awesome sympathetic babyface all night and him losing was a gut punch.

Johnny's nut's cup on the dinner table and Candice getting a personality meant I couldn't fully hate on that segment. But man, Gargano sucks. 

Damien Priest's hearty chuckle after jamming Keith Lee in the throat with a nightstick popped me hard for some reason, and everything Matt Riddle does continues to be solid gold. It straddles the line that character, he should be an annoying obnoxious fuck all things considered. But his lines and his tone are bang on. I find him hilarious and fucking adorable.

Is anybody worse than Tom Phillips? "Adam Cole just pinned the NXT Champion . . . Adam Cole!"

2 hours ago, UK Kat Von D said:

Had a look at Dexter Lumis, is he still doing that stupid serial killer gimmick he had in TNA?

He is and he isn’t. Obviously, WWE are not going to have someone be a murderer, that’s just setting themselves for all sorts of shit, but the implication so far is that he has a violent dark side and shows no remorse for his actions. He’s still new to TV so the character still needs fleshing out, but at this point there’s nothing to suggest that anyone has snuffed it or that he has a creepy shrine room, but he does still have his corpse-handling gloves.

It wouldn’t be a suprise if he was the one behind this kidnapping storyline they’ve got going, but I reckon that would be a shit reveal

Edited by WyattSheepMask

6 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

No way WWE would let Drake Maverick work without some kind of contract if only for liability reasons.

He’ll be under contract for the next 83 days or whatever won’t he? With them getting paid for 90 days post-release, it’s more of a three month notice period on gardening leave than an instant contract termination I’d have thought. 

Edited by Sergio Bellend