NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

The Main Event just dragged on and on, and for a facility that gives performers acting classes, really should look at hiring better coaches in that regard. 

The ladder match was good, right up until the final spot was so clear to see happening when they went and plainly adjusted an already perfectly fine ladder so that Candice could fall backwards rather than sideways. They've got time to edit and reshoot, I realise you don't want to be taking a ladder bump twice but surely if we're going with this idea that it's all a drama now they could have had someone just cut it and redo the shot? 

14 hours ago, PunkStep said:

How are they still managing to have some of them wrestle? Just bin it until this blows over Vince for fuck sake, you mad bastard.

This is what I don’t get. Are there no social distancing measures or stay at home orders in certain states in USA? Donald letting Vince off with one?

46 minutes ago, Mr Kennedy said:

This is what I don’t get. Are there no social distancing measures or stay at home orders in certain states in USA? Donald letting Vince off with one?

There is but wrestling companies have found a loophole in that they can film on closed sets and bring in and out any talent they need so it doesn’t breach any rules

• Paid Members

I couldn’t even make it through the main event without fast-forwarding. With that wanky finish, it was arguably even worse than Edge vs. Orton.

When exactly did HBK start as an agent for NXT? Is he the reason it turned into such awful shit? Like someone trying to take that, “I’m sorry, I love you,” thing from the Ric Flair retirement match and making a whole promotion out of it. Terrible.

35 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I couldn’t even make it through the main event without fast-forwarding. With that wanky finish, it was arguably even worse than Edge vs. Orton.

When exactly did HBK start as an agent for NXT? Is he the reason it turned into such awful shit? Like someone trying to take that, “I’m sorry, I love you,” thing from the Ric Flair retirement match and making a whole promotion out of it. Terrible.

Check out the latest Untold on the network. It's focused on HBK vs Kurt from WM21. It's a good watch, but it also features Gargano coming across like a dork absolutely fangirling and jizzing everywhere over the pair of them and that match. And basically confirming that his love for those two (and their multiple false finish/near-fall and melodramatic style) is responsible for his (and much of NXT's) wrestling today. Explains a lot.

20 minutes ago, GeronimoJacksBeard said:

Check out the latest Untold on the network. It's focused on HBK vs Kurt from WM21. It's a good watch, but it also features Gargano coming across like a dork absolutely fangirling and jizzing everywhere over the pair of them and that match. And basically confirming that his love for those two (and their multiple false finish/near-fall and melodramatic style) is responsible for his (and much of NXT's) wrestling today. Explains a lot.

This. I'm not a fan or follower of the current product but fucking hell did Gargano come across like an absolute mark (for lack of a better term) on that one. 

I never really got the hype with Gargano, Cole, Ciampa and the rest of the skinny indie lads. Just not my cup of tea. Having them show up as talking heads and gush over how amazing the Angles and Shawns of the world are in the way they do doesn't help their case at all. 

They should boot Michaels and replace him with Bret as an agent/trainer. Maybe he could teach them a little subtlety. 

• Paid Members

I've heard in multiple podcasts about Shawn's top level class at the PC which is Cole, Gargano, Ciampa, Pete Dunne etc. and these are the spot monkeys who have endless finisher spam boring indy spot monkey shite matches every week. Maybe that's just what HBK likes? 

36 minutes ago, SaitoRyo said:

They should boot Michaels and replace him with Bret as an agent/trainer. Maybe he could teach them a little subtlety. 

“After the match, they all came up to me, tears in their eyes, and told me ‘Thank you. You were the best agent I’ve ever had”

• Paid Members

Shawn Michaels was good at the "I'm sorry I love you" stuff, but it's melodrama, and it's very difficult to do that well.

Compare that to Bret, who was actually subtle, which is a rare thing in wrestling. Shawn Michaels couldn't have had the match that Bret had with Austin - a double turn in a Shawn Michaels match would have seen old HBK over-egging it, vocalising, flat out telling you what was happening. Bret and Austin controlled the audience in that match just through their actions, not through "Wrestlemania Moments".

I know who I'd choose to guide my developmental territory and agent my matches.

56 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Some excellent points lads, which has me asking: Why doesn't Bret have anything to do with NXT/WWE? Can't be arsed, or not well enough?

Hates hhh doesn’t he can’t see them working together on hhh’s “baby”

• Paid Members

When Candice turned up, I thought she'd come to pick Johnny up cos she was sick of waiting in the car for them to get to the fucking finish. Particularly as it was only 90 minutes or so after she'd taken a horrendous ladder bump.