NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

Agree with above comment that entrance was cool as fuck! Anyone above slating it please just stop watching the product you are clearly not a fan and cant be arsed with people slating stuff just for the sake of it!

Just for the record i enjoy both NXT & AEW... Shocker right!! Because you cant watch both! šŸ˜±

Wrestling Fans!!! šŸ˜”šŸ˜”šŸ˜”

Saw the entrance last night on Twitter and thought it was cool, then watched the show this morning and decided it was more cringe then cool and hoped it was a one off.

Seeing Charlotte on Raw the other night had me hoping she was dropping the title to Io but now sheā€™ll probably drop the title without being pinned in a triple threat between her, Io and Ripley. Ā What a shitĀ way to end a title match that could have been huge though.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Supremo said:

Yeah,Ā I thought the Kross/Scarlett thing was terrible. From what little of them Iā€™ve seen, between the look and the charisma, thereā€™s definitely something there. This wasnā€™t it though. It was typical of modern-day NXT, going through the system and coming out the other end all wanky, melodramatic and over-rehearsed.

I canā€™t putĀ my finger on it. Has it always been this bad but everyone was more forgiving without a proper alternative? Or has it seriously gone downhill? Is it the lack of crowds?

Kross, even when I've seen him outside of NXT, has always had an air of Create-A-Wrestler to me. He feels like someone who has a lot of the component parts of a good wrestler, just not put together in the right way. In days past, I'd hope NXT would be able to find that balance, but now they just tend to accentuate wrestlers' worst instincts.

It's definitely gone downhill. I watched American Alpha vs. The Revival from TakeOver: The End last night, and it wasĀ superbĀ - action-packed, energetic, real heat from the audience, and AA as just one of the best babyface acts in years. Same show had Joe vs Balor in a cage, Nakamura vs. Aries, Andrade's TakeOver debut, and so on. Every match had purpose, and most went to around the 15 minute mark, rather than hour long main events. That was the last Takeover at Full Sail, and it seems that might be the tipping point before it became all indie darlings, TNA cast-offs and melodrama.

• Paid Members

I forgot about FinnĀ Balorā€™s shoot~! promo as well! ā€œYou want a push but Iā€™m gonna give you aĀ squash!ā€Ā Fuck me. Heā€™s gonna win by hitting his attackerĀ with a copy of Powerslam magazine. ā€œConsider yourself buried, ya jobber!ā€

It was a bit wank. It has the same performing arts GCSE stink that the Balor stuff had, and Scarlett flapping about like a podium dancer at an S and M themed metal night was a bit embarrassing really.

Kross looked appropriately menacing in ring and Scarlett can be an asset, but yeah, it's all just a bit overwrought isn't it?

53 minutes ago, MightyMuff said:

Agree with above comment that entrance was cool as fuck! Anyone above slating it please just stop watching the product you are clearly not a fan and cant be arsed with people slating stuff just for the sake of it!

Just for the record i enjoy both NXT & AEW... Shocker right!! Because you cant watch both! šŸ˜±

What the hell are you on about? Thereā€™s plenty of people who like both NXT and AEW.

And hereā€™s the real shocker for you....people are allowed to dislike something

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Only things I wasn't keen on with Kross was Scarlett signing, a smirk as she walks knowing what's about to happen would've been better, and a longer squash, not 5-10 mins but just a few more moves or stalling to get more of taste of him.

Between the video packages and entrance I think its quite clear there intentions and characters.

52 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I forgot about FinnĀ Balorā€™s shoot~! promo as well! ā€œYou want a push but Iā€™m gonna give you aĀ squash!ā€Ā Fuck me. Heā€™s gonna win by hitting his attackerĀ with a copy of Powerslam magazine. ā€œConsider yourself buried, ya jobber!ā€

Has he not been doing that the whole time since he went back to NXT? He was definitely doing it when he first moved back there - his first promo was something like ā€œIā€™m sick of being used to put over the new rising star.ā€Ā 

Balor has always been representative of the shitty side of NXT, really. Little workrate bloke with noĀ ability to convey a character, no confidence when speaking,Ā and a campĀ goth entrance.Ā 

Iā€™veĀ not seen this Kross characterā€™s entranceĀ yet, though. Iā€™m hoping itā€™s good.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, MightyMuff said:

Comes on discussion board of wrestling that is discussing if the entrance was a bit campy and over the top, or worked. Tells people if they don't like one particular bit, it must be an entire grate on the product as a whole and therefore they should stop watching. Assumes that valid reasoning posted in comments about not liking the entrance is "slating stuff just for the sake of it".

Clearly uses a misconception that if someone is defending one company they automatically must hate another, and that they're so modern and contemporary and cool, they in fact like both products because they're just so zany that way. Extended use of punctuation for effect. Use of emoji that conveys shock, but in reality looks more like Tatanka's facepaint when he turned heel and kicked Bobby Lashley in the dick in 2006.

People with access to a computer but lacking in the knowledge of not everyone stereotypically following the same thing. Exclamation mark. (+2 for further effect).

Ā 

Ā 

Anyway...

I watched Kross' entrance this morning and I do see some of the negatives to it, like he looked an absolute bad ass, and with a crowd it probably will be awesome in NXT/Post PPV shows etc with the crowd getting into it as well. I love Scarlett, the whole Smoke Show thing was great, but the lip synching which at times seemed out of sync, the moshing around the ring was all a bit bizarre and overall it just felt a bit too disjointed.Ā 

There is scope for Kross to be the best thing on the Roster though, NXT wise. They just need to work out some of the kinks in the entrance and character because he was a really good talent in Impact and Mexico and he has a bit more size than most the NXT guys.Ā 

Dream vs Cole seems like its been going on forever with Dream just never getting the W. At this rate, its going to have to be a Cage match or a UE banned from Ring Side level job to let Dream have the win as he's consistently being outsmarted and bested by the number's game.

Edited by Shy Dad

31 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Have you seen wrestling before?

Nope, just been hanging around on here for best part of 18 years because I love shitting.

I've seen more out there cartoonish stuff done in wrestling that didn't feel half as try hard as this. To me it feels reminiscent of Mil Muertes and Catrina in Lucha Underground but clumsier and I'm pretty sure that's not what they're going for.

Ā 

Ā 

The difference being that he has a hat. Take that away and heā€™s right there in that pack of guys too.

Iā€™ve never seen KrossĀ wrestle before, literally all that I know about him is that he got introduced in Impact as part of a mystery attacker angle and has some pretty naff tattoos. Heā€™s a bit bigger than a lot of guys they have, but he could still do with adding some muscle mass for whenever he gets called up. He might look big in NXT, but once heā€™s on the main roster, heā€™lllook small. Aleister Black suffers from a similar issue, he has a look that sets him apart, but heā€™s a little too lean.Ā Iā€™m not saying either man has to aim to get to 300lbs of pure muscle, but adding some wonā€™t do them harm.

The entrance- it was OK. The ring being filled with smoke coupled withĀ the light effect was pretty cool, but Scarlett lip-syncing has to go immediately.

Edited by WyattSheepMask

7 minutes ago, BrodyGraham said:

Nope, just been hanging around on here for best part of 18 years because I love shitting.

I've seen more out there cartoonish stuff done in wrestling that didn't feel half as try hard as this. To me it feels reminiscent of Mil Muertes and Catrina in Lucha Underground but clumsier and I'm pretty sure that's not what they're going for.

Ā 

Ā 

Fair enough. I didn't get a 'try hard' vibe from it personally but okay.
My point was it's wrestling. Saying 'It's all a bit overwrought' is like watching Hollyoaks and going 'God the acting's a bit crap isn't it?'Ā