Sign in to follow this  
NEWM

NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

2 hours ago, ElCece said:

Trips did win the hog pen match. Just that dastardly Godwinn lobbed him in after.

Bollocks, you're right. Terrible memory these days. #JusticeforTrips.

2 hours ago, ElCece said:

Trips did win the hog pen match. Just that dastardly Godwinn lobbed him in after.

and lobbed a load of poo over his back which had several cuts on it, which probably wasn't the wisest thing in retrospect. 

340?cb=20161008031300

"I'm standing here with da VelvetEEEEEn dream!"

Hopefully they use some of the old house props for it, I know they don't like using old sets on tv cos they look like shit in HD but fuck it and go for it, fans will moan either way.

Speaking of which, I don't often pay attention to fans but fuck me no wonder companies don't listen to them, so far I've read "using In Your House is boring and predictable" "usual creative with no new ideas" "won't be as good as old ones so why bother" that's like saying why go out for dinner when we have food at home and end up back there anyway.

And "Bored of Kross, did nothing new this week" "Vince wasting Kross as expected" 

1 hour ago, The Cutting Edge said:

Hopefully they use some of the old house props for it, I know they don't like using old sets on tv cos they look like shit in HD but fuck it and go for it, fans will moan either way.

Speaking of which, I don't often pay attention to fans but fuck me no wonder companies don't listen to them, so far I've read "using In Your House is boring and predictable" "usual creative with no new ideas" "won't be as good as old ones so why bother" that's like saying why go out for dinner when we have food at home and end up back there anyway.

And "Bored of Kross, did nothing new this week" "Vince wasting Kross as expected" 

He’s been on TV what less than a month, killed one of the top stars on the brand, had a killer debut match last week and a killer promo package last night, how is that wasting him?

Wrestling fans are either idiots or drinking some serious AEW koolaid

Nobody hates wrestling more than the fans who watch it every week.

1 hour ago, The Cutting Edge said:

Nah, NXTs only watched by people on their 50s, so they’ll love the nostalgia.

And in no way is this aimed at you, but how the fuck is Kross being wasted? It’s his second appearance, or is this another one of those “he should be destroying everyone (except my favourites)” routine?

Nobody has any paitience for anything, I’ve already read a bunch of comments from people wanting Young Bucks to Revival/Revolt’s first AEW feud. They haven’t even signed as far we know, and do you really want to blow through that straight from the off? 

Just let something build

Just now, WyattSheepMask said:

Nobody has any patience for anything..

It's true, and I don't know whether that's the fault of viewers these days or the companies and their booking or a mixture of both. I LOVE a slow burning feud. The payoffs at the end are usually so worth it, but it's almost as if they've mostly forgotten how to do it subtly over time - or just can't be bothered most of the time. Something like the current Sasha/Bayley situation I really enjoy, with the little nods and looks and whatever else. Same with feuds where they manage to keep people apart until a big match, rather than have them in a bazillion tag matches beforehand.

I agree, can you imagine something like HHH vs Batista slow burn feud these days, Big Dave would've won the title at New Year's Revolution and called it a day.

Patience is a big issue with fans but its not just wrestling, unfortunately we're in an on demand way of life now "all now on our terms" 

As for Kross he's where he should be, building up his character and getting decisive wins,

people wonder why guys get stale after 6 months cos they've done the main part of there story or journey with nowhere to go but down 

5 minutes ago, The Cutting Edge said:

I agree, can you imagine something like HHH vs Batista slow burn feud these days, Big Dave would've won the title at New Year's Revolution and called it a day.

Actually with today's booking he probably would have lost against Triple H, done nothing for 6 months, then randomly win the title on a B show with no build up.

44 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Nobody has any paitience for anything, I’ve already read a bunch of comments from people wanting Young Bucks to Revival/Revolt’s first AEW feud. They haven’t even signed as far we know, and do you really want to blow through that straight from the off? 

Just let something build

42 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

It's true, and I don't know whether that's the fault of viewers these days or the companies and their booking or a mixture of both.

I don't think it is true. People wanting something has never been different. The outlet to express how much they want it has. But that doesn't matter. The anticipation is still the best bit. If you fold because of what you see on social media or hear from some people in the crowd then that's on you. Unless something unanimously isn't working, then you plot your course and go with it. I think the biggest problem these days is they don't plot anything. They steer all over the place and try to jump on one thing after another. Desperation is never good when you're writing stories.

1 hour ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

He’s been on TV what less than a month, killed one of the top stars on the brand, had a killer debut match last week and a killer promo package last night, how is that wasting him?

Wrestling fans are either idiots or drinking some serious AEW koolaid

Seriously, Kross and Scarlett are coming across like megastars in my opinion.
Have really not been watching anything other than clips and videos recently but in isolation they look like money. 

Speaking of not watching much recently - when did Jack Gallagher become Connor McGregor?

2 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

I don't think it is true. People wanting something has never been different. The outlet to express how much they want it has. But that doesn't matter. The anticipation is still the best bit. If you fold because of what you see on social media or hear from some people in the crowd then that's on you. Unless something unanimously isn't working, then you plot your course and go with it. I think the biggest problem these days is they don't plot anything. They steer all over the place and try to jump on one thing after another. Desperation is never good when you're writing stories.

You're probably right. It's a whole different world of being able to see and hear peoples opinions compared to what it was when I first started watching. I might have read a few letters in magazines or chatted to some kids at school, but on the whole I just enjoyed it.

Same with (and excuse my geek hat) things like Doctor Who and Star Wars etc. In fact those comparisons are probably spot on in terms of often toxic fandoms online (regardless of what your opinion on the quality is). Although at least they have the benefit of mostly sticking to their guns due to it all being filmed before everyone shits all over it. But a lot of the time I really enjoy something and then come online and read bitching and moaning.

I've always thought that the instant feedback you get from crowds and online etc should be a good thing, but it's about taking it in context and understanding what to do with it.