NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

Selfishly, I want them to still send him on his way. It’s WWE, after all. Even if the huge online reaction to his release made them change their mind about sacking him they’re ultimately still not going to change the way they do things. He’ll win the tournament, it’ll make for a happy moment, but then what?

He’ll lose the belt a month or two later and go back to the same position he was already slotted in. I’d rather he went somewhere he could really shine, where his card wasn’t already marked.

Spud interacting with Chris Jericho and Sammy Guevara, please.

• Paid Members

So for everyone who was arguing that Scarlett lip-syncing was cool, I see they’ve already cut it down and she only does it once she’s in the ring now. Give it a few more weeks and she’ll have stopped doing it entirely. It’s awful.

• Paid Members

I enjoyed the trolling that she wasn't going to do it, then she did it.

I've only seen snippets of Kross before NXT, but I'm sure when I've seen the "Kross Jacket" before he's trapped one of the opponent's arms in his arms, somewhat akin to the Tazzmission (although the arm not outstretched like in that move). The first week I thought the switch to trapping the arm with his leg might have been dealing with a tiny botch on the fly but he did it again this week so seems like a conscious decision. Only a minor detail really but it does effectively turn it into yet another grounded sleeper finisher.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Sergio Bellend said:

Is it me, or have they dropped the word ‘interim’ from this tournament as it’s gone on? 
Seems like they’re angling for whoever wins to be the actual Cruiserweight champion. 

They definitely mentioned Devlin and interim during the show.

• Paid Members

They've been inconsistent with using "interim" since day one, almost like they're not fully committed to the idea.

I don't think a single one of the wrestlers involved has even hinted at it being an interim championship in their promos or vignettes. Would be easy for one of them to refer to running through the tournament, then running through Devlin too as soon as that's possible.

It's a pretty unusual concept for WWE but I don't think it's that hard to sell it as still being something worth going through a gruelling tournament for. At worst it makes you the second best cruiserweight on the roster.

Been catching up with shows properly, rather than just skimming highlights.

Do wish the Riddle/Thatcher stuff could've been dragged out a bit longer but hey. I love both guys. I'll take anything.

On the other hand, Johnny Gargano in his current guise? Fuck that. Terrible vignettes and it's just a real reminder of how they've fucked him over. It's so SO difficult to have a pure babyface these days and they had one right there and.. argh. Just so frustrating. There aren't many things over the years in NXT that have pissed me off quite as much.

Although saying that, heel Candice gives me the same feeling I had when Alexa Bliss went full heel. Well, in a sexy way anyway. She needs time to work on the heel character but it might work. Can't be any worse than her face character which was just kinda there. She wasn't getting anywhere.

Drake/Spud/whatever continues to be an incredible promo and an example to everyone.

Overall the shows are enjoyable and they've got a great mix of talent. Looking forward to seeing how some of the newer guys do.

Yeah, as much as I enjoyed Thatcher/Riddle (again!), it's a shame they haven't had the time to build it up to a proper blood feud and have it a little more intense. Not quite sure why they've felt the need to rush it so much, but I'll happily watch those two guys work.

As cheesy as it was, I did laugh a couple of times at the Yim/Lee stuff. At least it highlighted how ridiculous that Gargano package was before.