NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members
48 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Could be an incredible bit of nostalgia. Would love them to dig out the old set, get Doc Hendrix on commentary, get Marty Jannetty and Leif Cassidy in for the opener. Get trips his win back in a pig pen match. Go nuts.

Trips did win the hog pen match. Just that dastardly Godwinn lobbed him in after.

Hopefully they use some of the old house props for it, I know they don't like using old sets on tv cos they look like shit in HD but fuck it and go for it, fans will moan either way.

Speaking of which, I don't often pay attention to fans but fuck me no wonder companies don't listen to them, so far I've read "using In Your House is boring and predictable" "usual creative with no new ideas" "won't be as good as old ones so why bother" that's like saying why go out for dinner when we have food at home and end up back there anyway.

And "Bored of Kross, did nothing new this week" "Vince wasting Kross as expected" 

1 hour ago, The Cutting Edge said:

Hopefully they use some of the old house props for it, I know they don't like using old sets on tv cos they look like shit in HD but fuck it and go for it, fans will moan either way.

Speaking of which, I don't often pay attention to fans but fuck me no wonder companies don't listen to them, so far I've read "using In Your House is boring and predictable" "usual creative with no new ideas" "won't be as good as old ones so why bother" that's like saying why go out for dinner when we have food at home and end up back there anyway.

And "Bored of Kross, did nothing new this week" "Vince wasting Kross as expected" 

He’s been on TV what less than a month, killed one of the top stars on the brand, had a killer debut match last week and a killer promo package last night, how is that wasting him?

Wrestling fans are either idiots or drinking some serious AEW koolaid

1 hour ago, The Cutting Edge said:

Nah, NXTs only watched by people on their 50s, so they’ll love the nostalgia.

And in no way is this aimed at you, but how the fuck is Kross being wasted? It’s his second appearance, or is this another one of those “he should be destroying everyone (except my favourites)” routine?

Nobody has any paitience for anything, I’ve already read a bunch of comments from people wanting Young Bucks to Revival/Revolt’s first AEW feud. They haven’t even signed as far we know, and do you really want to blow through that straight from the off? 

Just let something build

Just now, WyattSheepMask said:

Nobody has any patience for anything..

It's true, and I don't know whether that's the fault of viewers these days or the companies and their booking or a mixture of both. I LOVE a slow burning feud. The payoffs at the end are usually so worth it, but it's almost as if they've mostly forgotten how to do it subtly over time - or just can't be bothered most of the time. Something like the current Sasha/Bayley situation I really enjoy, with the little nods and looks and whatever else. Same with feuds where they manage to keep people apart until a big match, rather than have them in a bazillion tag matches beforehand.

I agree, can you imagine something like HHH vs Batista slow burn feud these days, Big Dave would've won the title at New Year's Revolution and called it a day.

Patience is a big issue with fans but its not just wrestling, unfortunately we're in an on demand way of life now "all now on our terms" 

As for Kross he's where he should be, building up his character and getting decisive wins,

people wonder why guys get stale after 6 months cos they've done the main part of there story or journey with nowhere to go but down 

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, The Cutting Edge said:

I agree, can you imagine something like HHH vs Batista slow burn feud these days, Big Dave would've won the title at New Year's Revolution and called it a day.

Actually with today's booking he probably would have lost against Triple H, done nothing for 6 months, then randomly win the title on a B show with no build up.

• Paid Members
44 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Nobody has any paitience for anything, I’ve already read a bunch of comments from people wanting Young Bucks to Revival/Revolt’s first AEW feud. They haven’t even signed as far we know, and do you really want to blow through that straight from the off? 

Just let something build

42 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

It's true, and I don't know whether that's the fault of viewers these days or the companies and their booking or a mixture of both.

I don't think it is true. People wanting something has never been different. The outlet to express how much they want it has. But that doesn't matter. The anticipation is still the best bit. If you fold because of what you see on social media or hear from some people in the crowd then that's on you. Unless something unanimously isn't working, then you plot your course and go with it. I think the biggest problem these days is they don't plot anything. They steer all over the place and try to jump on one thing after another. Desperation is never good when you're writing stories.

1 hour ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

He’s been on TV what less than a month, killed one of the top stars on the brand, had a killer debut match last week and a killer promo package last night, how is that wasting him?

Wrestling fans are either idiots or drinking some serious AEW koolaid

Seriously, Kross and Scarlett are coming across like megastars in my opinion.
Have really not been watching anything other than clips and videos recently but in isolation they look like money. 

Speaking of not watching much recently - when did Jack Gallagher become Connor McGregor?