Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
NEWM

NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

Recommended Posts

I enjoyed the FIGHT PIT concept. Vince/Heyman should nick that for the next time Brock shows up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Statto said:

I enjoyed the FIGHT PIT concept. Vince/Heyman should nick that for the next time Brock shows up.

If done right that could really freshen up his act and make being him even harder thus a bigger deal to the other guy.

A proper "Brocktagon" , Heyman could sell the shit out of that 

Edited by The Cutting Edge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed on the Fight Pit.  Great visual structure, and a match type that actually makes sense of a cage.

Where's Timothy Thatcher come from then?  He's really great.  He also seemed to have teeth missing at the end of the match so is it a Benoit situation where he has removable teeth?  He actually reminds me of Benoit a lot in the ring too.

Having the "worked" crowd (I assume they are PC trainees) giving some background noise has really helped remove a lot of the awkwardness from the product, it's actually more watchable now.  Good show overall - and Maverick lives!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Loki said:

Agreed on the Fight Pit.  Great visual structure, and a match type that actually makes sense of a cage.

Where's Timothy Thatcher come from then?  He's really great.  He also seemed to have teeth missing at the end of the match so is it a Benoit situation where he has removable teeth?  He actually reminds me of Benoit a lot in the ring too.

Having the "worked" crowd (I assume they are PC trainees) giving some background noise has really helped remove a lot of the awkwardness from the product, it's actually more watchable now.  Good show overall - and Maverick lives!! 

I believe (although I'm sure someone will correct me) he was the longest reigning EVOLVE champion. So no surprise he's ended up in NXT. As you can imagine, his work with Gulak and ZSJ etc has been very good over the years.

He's also done the usual rounds with PWG, RevPro etc.

If they leave him how he is, he should do really well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Loki said:

Agreed on the Fight Pit.  Great visual structure, and a match type that actually makes sense of a cage.

Where's Timothy Thatcher come from then?  He's really great.  He also seemed to have teeth missing at the end of the match so is it a Benoit situation where he has removable teeth?  He actually reminds me of Benoit a lot in the ring too.

Having the "worked" crowd (I assume they are PC trainees) giving some background noise has really helped remove a lot of the awkwardness from the product, it's actually more watchable now.  Good show overall - and Maverick lives!! 

The only issues I saw with the setup was that it looked like a real audience would struggle to see anything due to the massive scaffolding holding up the platform around the top of the cage. That might need a rethink for a future use although i'm sure they just didn't give a toss about that for this one with the current circumstances. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really enjoyed the Drake Maverick, Kushida and Atlas 3 way. Maverick vs Devlin could end up on a UK takeover as a good story bout. 

The fight pit was innovative and a great match. No near falls, just a really good realistic bout. I like the idea of having Angle as the reg or someone legit. Gable, Lesnar, Lashley, Samoa Joe, Gulak, and Nakumura could shine in this environment. 

With fans in attendance it would no doubt affect visibility though does it need to built around the ring? could it be a cage pit elsewhere in the arena.

To think that during lockdown have had the firefly funhouse, Boneyard match, the money in the bank (albeit the weaker of all), fight pit and Stadium stampede. When fans can eventually attend again these matches could be brought as TV feud enders or so on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of fans and visibility, I wonder if the Hockey-style Plexi Glass is going to stay when things return to normal? It would make sense for the safety of the performers, especially in the first phase of fans returning, but you’ve got to imagine it will kill the atmosphere somewhat. Looks super weird, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Joe v Lesnar in the Pit at Summerslam please!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, simonworden said:

The only issues I saw with the setup was that it looked like a real audience would struggle to see anything due to the massive scaffolding holding up the platform around the top of the cage. That might need a rethink for a future use although i'm sure they just didn't give a toss about that for this one with the current circumstances. 

Yeah, agreed on that. Once we get back to 'normal' you could maybe do it as a pre-tape set up backstage and/or set it up by the stage like they did with the Lion's Den, but that has problems of its own of course - especially if you WERE to use it as a concept for Brock. Otherwise I think it'd need something of a redesign for a large arena crowd.

@Loki, Joe vs Lesnar was definitely one of the things I was envisioning! Also Brock vs Riddle of course, and Brock vs a high flyer who confounds him by spending the whole time diving around the platforms.

Heyman being up on the platform during the match could be fun too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Supremo said:

Speaking of fans and visibility, I wonder if the Hockey-style Plexi Glass is going to stay when things return to normal? It would make sense for the safety of the performers, especially in the first phase of fans returning, but you’ve got to imagine it will kill the atmosphere somewhat. Looks super weird, too.

PWInsider did a little bit about it a few days ago and in their opinion once WWE are allowed to open up to fans (which will probably still only be a couple of hundred at either the PC or Full Sail) they will have the hockey glass up, but once they return to arenas then probably not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I enjoyed it for sure. I figure it's very reminiscent of the old Lion's Den match setup. With the cage and walkway. So maybe just bring that structure back for future pit fights. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Props to WWE in making Scarlett look bang average. A gazillion times hotter in her Impact run. She's meant to be Sunny x Sable x Trish, not some goth weirdo.

Also Shotzi Blackheart giving herself the equivalent of a Misawa/Kobashi head drop from the top rope to the outside mats was not a pretty sight. Lucky girl to walk away from that....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scarlett doesn't really look that much different to her work before NXT. It's not like they've shoved her out there in full black makeup or a white face or something.

Anyway - worth watching this week for the Cruiserweight final alone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...