NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Awards Moderator
11 hours ago, Statto said:

Just when you thought NXT commentary couldn't get more irritating, along comes Sam Roberts.

You're kidding? God help us. I don't understand his presence on pre-show or panels, he's utterly embarrassing. Surely Vince has never seen him, or he'd give him Jamison specs and a spinning bow tie and stick him in endless skits with hilarious consequences such as shitting himself?  

I’m not getting along with NXT at the moment, so I’m going to go to just watching the bits I’m interested in. I don’t know if that’s down to having to do the show with no crowd or whatever, but I just don’t care about anything on the show outside of a couple of acts.

I know that Rhea promo in the stadium has been on a few times now, which considering the show’s not there anymore why bother showing it, but it does nothing for her. “Charlotte’s dad used to say ‘to be the man, you’ve  got to beat the man’. Which basically means ‘to be the best, you’ve got to beat the best”, who the fuck wrote that shit?

”Whose the heart and soul of NXT?” who gives a fuck at this point

Joaquin Wilde gets bundled into the back of van- “oh my god! First Raul Mendoza, now Joaquin Wild. Well we turn our attention now...” you’ve witnessed a kidnapping, CALL THE POLICE!

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

I don’t really understand. Are they going the boxing route where, the current champion’s unable to defend so establishing an interim champion, and then have the two compete against each other at a later date to establish an undisputed champion?

21 minutes ago, Your Fight Site said:

I don’t really understand. Are they going the boxing route where, the current champion’s unable to defend so establishing an interim champion, and then have the two compete against each other at a later date to establish an undisputed champion?

That was my understanding

I had no idea such huge matches were on this week - I knew NXT were going to have Takeover matches spread out over the next while but I didn't really see proper promotion for what was on and when.

I'm sure there will be a ton of discussion about the main event here. In short, for me, I thought it was mostly stupid to watch and only the way they introduced it, and the last five minutes, were interesting. I'm not one of those huge haters of these guys but again, without a crowd, a lot of this is not working. I enjoyed the end though. Always better when you've no idea how it's gonna go.

• Awards Moderator

Why don’t wrestlers wear protective cups all the time? They wouldn’t ever have to worry about low blows then.

I’ve only watched the WWE.com highlights but it looked like the women in the ladder match were going all in on the massive stunt bumps, which was odd to watch with no audience noise. And the main event looked very much like I would not have enjoyed it.