NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, Gordon_The_Gopher said:

*Searches for gif of Earthquake catching Big Boss Man from a top rope crossbody*

That was Summerslam '90? To be fair, Earthquake was in his prime here, at 27 - a year younger than Hangman Adam Page is now. And a full decade younger than Spud.

Hoping Era move to Raw/SD now, ideally first night with a crowd they run in a attack Reigns or something to start a hot angle, but as said it might not be doable to wait.

Something with them leading to Summerslam seems more likely 

Lee, Kross, Priest etc needs some breathing space to grow without UE, fresh times ahead

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, The Cutting Edge said:

Hoping Era move to Raw/SD now, ideally first night with a crowd they run in a attack Reigns

People need to get this out there heads, the US is fucked and it's going to be months and months before there are live crowds. If they come up with a decent angle, they just have to do it now. No use waiting on crowds and holding back on angles while the TV completely stagnates.

4 hours ago, CavemanLynn said:

RVD's a bit of a stretch there, I think.

You look back at surfer Sting, billed at 270lbs. Even if you factor in a bit of exaggeration and say he's legit 240lbs, that's still a 17 stone bloke hurling himself over the top rope at you from 8 feet in the air. It's terrifying.

And don't get me started on Scotty Steiner.

RVD is similar to Billy Gunn. Deceptive the actual size of the bloke.

12 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

NXT beating AEW for the third straight week in terms of Viewership number, their longest streak since the show’s started going head-to-head. NXT drew 759,000 to AEW’s 715,000, down 33,000 viewers each from last week.

I reckon AEW will get it next week. NXT has just fired the biggest match possible and AEW now have a anticipated championship match vs Moxley and Cage.

Isn't it amazing how much better these shows are compared to Raw and Smackdown by putting them head to head. I actually look forward to the ratings to see who "won" the evening. 

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, andrew "the ref" coyne said:

Isn't it amazing how much better these shows are compared to Raw and Smackdown by putting them head to head. 

The thing is I don't think it would take that much to get Vince involved in a TV ratings war with any show. 

I don't know what is on opposite Raw, let's say it is Terry and June. All it would take to get Vince in a ratings war with them is to tell him that Terry said he was a slag and that June is hotter than Stephanie. Every Raw would be 100% better in a heartbeat. 

3 hours ago, andrew "the ref" coyne said:

I actually look forward to the ratings to see who "won" the evening. 

Funnily enough I find it one of the worst things about it all. Not that I don't get curious once in a while, but on the whole I enjoy both products far more than any other wrestling shows on TV and want both to succeed. Plus on the whole there's so little difference/movement between NXT and AEW ratings that it makes all the petty bickering completely pointless. Like two lads getting their dicks out and wondering who won between a 2 inch one and a 2.1 inch. No one is winning there lads.

Edited by DavidB6937

• 2 weeks later...