NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

Looking forward to the show. Main event is similar like ‘Moxley vs Brian Cage’: booked way to soon. I hope we get a WWE style bullshit finish to protect both.

Kross vs Lee should really end in a No Contest with Retribution getting involved. I have no issues with Kross eventually winning the feud, but give Keith Lee some more time please with the belt. 

• Paid Members

What a mad situation with Velveteen Dream. Not only seemingly ignore all the evidence, act arrogantly dismissive of the situation and continue to feature him regardless. But also ask his co-workers to cheer him on and react to his matches. In front of a normal crowd you would assume a large percentage wouldn’t know the story. Here though? It was palpable how obvious it was that everyone was thinking the same thing and how little anyone wanted to make noise for the potential nonce.

In other news, Pat McAfee is wrestler of the year. Genuinely might have knocked Ronda Rousey off the top spot for greatest debut performance of all time. 2020 is wild.

Edited by Supremo

"The Natural" Pat Mcafee. That match was so much fun.
Great athlete and good storytelling

I actually shortly fell asleep during Keith Lee vs Karrion Kross when they had a bearhug going. 
When I woke up, they were still in the bearhug. True story. Keith Lee needs to drop some pounds, he looked really winded and bigger than ever.

Main event didn't do much for me. They rushed Kross to the top and now he's apparently injured.

Killed of Keith Lee's momentum for nothing. 

• Paid Members

Takeover: McAfee delivered for me. The only downside was Velveteen Dream, it was just uncomfortable him being there, especially every time he reached the top of the ladder, I was just thinking for fuck sake, don't do this. Bronson Reed is great. Candice LeRae looked gorgeous. 

Shame for Lee to lose so soon but I think i may be the only person that really likes Kross, I thought he was brilliant as Killer Kross and still do now. He does feel like he's on the wrong brand, though.

Pat McAfee is brilliant, his promo sat on the crate before the match was so natural and against the norm of WWE then he pulled off the moonsault and jump to the top rope. Outstanding, I hope he sticks with it. He does have a look of HHH though, so seeing him Vs Cole was like looking at an Butlins HHH Vs HBK match.

Balor needs something bigger, he still surprisingly has a star aura about him, but he needs a title. 

• Awards Moderator

Only found the last two matches on DailyMotion so can't comment on anything prior to the Women's Title match.

Bet Keith Lee wishes he hadn't given up the North American title so quickly now! Underwhelming main event for me. It felt like a match that two wrestlers half their size could have done - but not in a good way. I also missed the end because I'm still stuck in that Adam Cole mode of assuming any title match will have at least 20 false finishes, and hadn't thought they'd end it after just a couple of them. Get Keith Lee off NXT now, he's done all he can there but could easily pop over to Raw and smash into Lashley or McIntyre.

Liked Kross' entrance with the fire pyro.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

2 hours ago, LWOLeN said:

Well, it might be for something if he’s getting moved to Raw or Smackdown.

This was the first full NXT show I’ve watched in a while, and I had mixed feelings about it.

I was really impressed with Timothy Thatcher in the opening match. He looks like a nasty bastard and wrestled a bit like William Regal. He was really good. 

I couldn’t enjoy the ladder match because of Velveteen Dream. The gravity of what he’s been accused of is impossible to ignore. With the complete lack of an explanatory statement from WWE it’s really hard to feel as if their investigation into this has been inadequate, particularly since more than one accuser has said the company has not contacted them.

If they’ve looked into this and don’t believe he’s guilty, they should say that. Otherwise he should not be on a Takeover, at least not at this stage (or ever if they conclude he actually did do this).

Pat McAfee was really impressive and I wish this match had taken place in front of a crowd. He was great, and his mic work is different class. 

The main event was dull, and from what I’ve seen I don’t really buy into the hype surrounding Kross. His good qualities seem to begin and end with the slick way he’s presented. I’ve not seen any of his Impact run and perhaps there’s more to him than I realise, but if that’s the case he needs to step up his game quickly.

His facial expressions during that match (which I assume were supposed to be creepy) were comical, and his ring work seems mediocre at best. 

• Paid Members
33 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Good things about this show:

Pat McAfee
Scarlett Bordeaux

Bad things about this show:

Everything else.

Thanks for that epic review, I'll await your Summerslam review with such excitement.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, LWOLeN said:

This was always the plan. Kross was looking for the title before Cole lost it. They way they've pushed him it was pretty clear that Lee only won the belt for Kross to beat him and look unstoppable. Lee then moves on to another brand because he's done everything he can do there. 

There’s been one of the trainees making some right noise, clearly not giving a fuck about what reaction they’re supposed to be giving.

There was one were Seth Rollins was in Ring a couple of weeks back where he said something along the lines of “and now...Rey Mysterio...”

“CAN’T SEE!”

Edited by WyattSheepMask