NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

Spirit of competition my arse.

Keith Lee is the kinda man that goes out there and defends both titles. Be more like Sasha and Bayley. You want all the titles for fucks sake.

Find ways of booking it to let him lose one without the other. I hate people giving up titles unnecessarily.

I always had issues with the cashing in of the X Division title in TNA but at least they were going on to something bigger and better, and I often bought into the fact that a lot of those X Division guys would never get a main title shot any other way.

Just giving up a title this way makes it look worthless.

• Paid Members

Iā€™m obsessed with the weird cut in this video. Did it go wrong and get re-shot?Ā Did they use a crash pad? Or did theyĀ do a genuineĀ repeat of the thing Ricochet did with Velveteen, only for their incessant need to have three camera cuts a second to make it look so strange and fake?

It gets funnier every time!

• Paid Members

I really like Lumis and Thatcher, both are brilliant additions to the roster. Thatcher is a tremendous hard man.

The camera cuts are what is going to ruin this brand, it happens on Raw and Smackdown, yes, however NXT is meant to be different. It shouldn't be as polished as it is, it should be grittier, with maybe two cameras, one up close and the hard cam. I'm tipping they no longer use the Full Sail students to do the production and have brought in the Raw / Smackdown lot?Ā 

Timothy Thatcher is everything that Cesaro shouldā€™ve been.

Not to build him up as some sort of saviour, but with RAWā€™s ratings down, would it be worth moving someone like Finn Balor back there to freshen things up a bit. Or is it just best to leave him where he is while weā€™re still in the Empty Arena era

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Ā 

Not to build him up as some sort of saviour, but with RAWā€™s ratings down, would it be worth moving someone like Finn Balor back there to freshen things up a bit. Or is it just best to leave him where he is while weā€™re still in the Empty Arena era

How long has it been since Balor went back to NXT from Raw? Also didn't he move from Raw because they didn't have anything for him and they wanted to boost NXT ratings against AEW.Ā 

Balor's time as a big fish in a big pond is over. Injury and bad timing have seen to that.Ā 

First match back in NXT was at Takeover in November, but he turned up on TV in early/mid October.

He was moved in an attempt to mess with AEWā€™s ratings, but clearly that didnā€™t work as AEW had a number of weeks where they were ahead and only lost a couple of weeks around Survivor Series time

Edited by WyattSheepMask

These last few weeks are the most I've enjoyed NXT in a while. I think they're doing a great job of building up some of the new talent, and I'm really liking the variety too.

Beyond the 'ratings war~!' with AEW, NXT has definitely settled into building future stars, which is extremely difficult without audiences.

The characters are great. Grimes, Priest, Thatcher, Kross etc. They've all got something interesting going for them, and they're not just your cookie cutter indy guys. I'm glad time has been spent on making them more interesting over the weeks.

Ā 

• Paid Members

Something I never would've imagined I'd be saying even a week ago - that Pat McAfee angle was brilliant!

When I saw the original angle on the radio show I thought it was Russo-level shit that achieved nothing other than working~! everyone.

I had no idea who Pat was and just assumed he was another worthless Sam Roberts-style moron. I had no idea he had this in him. He was fantastic as the smug, outsider dickhead. Real K-fed energy. His cheap shot fully turned Adam Cole babyface and I'm super interested in seeing them have a match now. The only problem is that this angle dictates a quick brawl where Cole ultimately destroys McAfee, but it's modern-day NXT, so they've probably already penciled it in to go at least forty five minutes.

• Paid Members

Only in WWE could you have your world title contender punting people into retirement one week and then the following have a former NFL kicker punt someone half their size out cold and expect him to be back next week.Ā 

Bloody brilliant angle all the same. Watched it this morning, Pat's great in it never had him going down as the heel in this. Perhaps Cole's swansong in NXT, proving he doesn't need to be the biggest to be the best.Ā