Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Former WWE Superstar, host and announcer Matt Striker is appearing on the new "Labor of Love" reality TV series from FOX.

The show features a woman trying to find the best potential father to have a child with. Striker is one of the contestants on the show. It will premiere Thursday, May 21 on FOX.

You can see Striker in the trailer HERE

He was annoying twerp on commentary, his "I'm marking out, bro!" during one of the rumble's was pure cringe. Best of luck to him on that show, he was always a decent promo so might do well.

Reports coming in that sadly Travis Scott Bowden has passed away. Not a particularly well known name, he was a lifetime fan who starred in Memphis wrestling opposite Jerry Lawler

He also ran the very fun and enjoyable 'Kentucky Fried Wrasslin' podcast. Very sad news.

• Moderators

Scott Bowden was a hugely underrated manager. He's tremendous value on USWA TV, RIP. 

Joe Pedicino has passed away too. Host of Pro Wrestling this Week and husband of Boni Blackstone. 

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members

I really like Ali, FWIW.

Gonna start an online rumour that it's James Storm though as he's invariably wearing a hoody in the workout selfies be posts on Twitter, plus the line "the evil done in the dark will be exposed in the light" is very similar to a lyric in God's Gonna Cut You Down which he used a version of in TNA. That's good enough.

Pretty sure it'll be Ali though. This is exactly what you can see Prichard turning him pitching a "bringing light to darkness" (which is a theme he's used in vignettes before, i.e. bringing good to the world) gimmick into.

• Paid Members

That's a real shame about Scott Bowden.

I haven't seen much Memphis stuff but I used to read his Kentucky Fried 'Rasslin column every week. It was nice to get the perspective of someone who'd been in the business, and worked with legit stars, but had no bitterness or hidden agendas.

His whole managerial run only came about because his girlfriend was in the audience and he asked Eddie Gilbert if he could do something to surprise her, which is why he turned heel. He was supposed to be apologetic, get suspended and just be Gilbert's manager for a few weeks before being a Referee again. Instead, he figured it was his once chance to cut a proper heel promo and just went for it, which is the interview in the post above.