Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

1 hour ago, The King Of Swing said:

I just accept that the business is full of mental cases and shit heads.

About 1/5 of the American population voted for Trump in 2016 and generally Republican support accounts for 40-45% of the population. So it's hardly surprising to see some wrestlers we like supporting Trump. It's the same thing when we slag off the Tories. Yes, we might thing they're wankers but a great deal of the population think the opposite. I mean, how do you think they won in the first place?!

What I'm saying is, I don't hink we should be so quick to label people "mental cases and shit heads" just because they hold a differing political opinion to us (even if voting for Trump may seem absurd to non-americans).

I'm judging the wrestling business as a whole and not just based on political leanings. It's always been scummy and always will be.

Though that can also the applied to the entertainment industry in general.

To be honest though anyone still supporting Donald "inject bleach" Trump at this stage is a fucking idiot and I don't care if that hurts anyone's feelings.

Also I can separate those that simply voted for him in 2016 from his actual base.

1 hour ago, Love-Wilcox said:

What I'm saying is, I don't hink we should be so quick to label people "mental cases and shit heads" just because they hold a differing political opinion to us (even if voting for Trump may seem absurd to non-americans).

The differing political opinions are pretty huge though, and they do reflect the people who hold them. Can’t just ignore shitty attitudes because it falls under political opinions 

13 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

The differing political opinions are pretty huge though, and they do reflect the people who hold them. Can’t just ignore shitty attitudes because it falls under political opinions 

By all means dish out criticism when it's due, I just think it's unfair to label such a large chunk of the population as mentalists. Most Trump voters are likely perfectly reasonable people when it comes to most issues, yet we're so quick to dish out these absurd labels when it comes to their politics. Of course the right-wingers are equally as guilty of this but both sides shouting "I'm right, you're wrong" at each other until the end of time is no way to hold any kind of civil political discourse.

Now don't get me wrong, I do think Trump is awful but at the same time I try to be as understanding as I can when it comes to the millions of people that support him.

2 hours ago, Chris B said:

Nobody who votes for Trump is perfectly reasonable. At best, they're deluded, greedy or deeply stupid.

In 2016 I suppose it could be argued that many people were ignorant of must how much of cunt he really is. No such excuse now.

Then again "grab them by the pussy" really should have sunk him. So maybe I'm giving voters too much credit.

Biden is shit but anyone who picks Trump over him after the last four years deserves no sympathy.

We are going a little too far off topic now though I'm guessing.

• Paid Members

AEW is a proper Trump supporters branch. Shad Khan donated to his presidential fund. Cody's got a tattoo on his neck of some large shield with the stars and stripes on it, so he's an oddball. The Young Bucks have always been sketchy. Not only the God botherer thing, but their Dad is a raging transphobe. And anyone who has hair like that are complete utter fucking cunts. Jericho's always liking Trump's tweets, had his son on his podcast. So all the big boys in that fed are Trump supporters. Almost all of the rest of the company are just marks with no political agenda, who are happy to be in work so they dont get bullied off JBL and can get a picture of some twat off Clerks.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

20 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Darby's probably the closest but in that listened to a Black Flag song once kind of way.

He’s got to be one of the most fucked-up people in modern wrestling. I get the Marty Jannetty vibes from his anecdotes about times he’s horribly abused people.

2 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

He’s got to be one of the most fucked-up people in modern wrestling. I get the Marty Jannetty vibes from his anecdotes about times he’s horribly abused people.

I haven't heard these but with the amount of times I've heard about predatory skeevs in punk scenes I'm not too surprised, especially when you mix wrestling with that.

I watch wrestling because none of the people in it are ethically suspect. In fact, just to make sure of the ethical credentials of the people on wrestling TV, I try and find out their political opinions on absolutely everything before I decide I can enjoy their work. That applies to their parents too, just in case.

Edited by Otto Dem Wanz

• Paid Members
47 minutes ago, Otto Dem Wanz said:

I watch wrestling because none of the people in it are ethically suspect. In fact, just to make sure of the ethical credentials of the people on wrestling TV, I try and find out their political opinions on absolutely everything before I decide I can enjoy their work. That applies to their parents too, just in case.

Jerry Seinfeld Yes GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

58 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

What's the story with Darby? Is he another wrong'un?

He pays hobos/drug addicts to stick their heads in shit-filled toilets and let him pepper spray them and stuff. On Jericho’s podcast, he was wanting to show Jericho videos of it. He’s said a lot of weird stuff in interviews that make him seem shady, and idolising GG Allin is always a dodgy starting point. He gets compared to Jeff Hardy a lot, and seems quite similar in the sense of not being someone you could trust as the face of your company. 

1 hour ago, Otto Dem Wanz said:

We all know a lot of wrestling is fucked, but remembering stuff like Austin battering his wife or Undertaker wearing blue lives matter shirts does influence how we view them as workers. The only fans who can totally distance themselves from what any wrestler has done are the worst, like the people who think Benoit should be in the Hall Of Fame.

I wouldn’t stop watching someone for supporting Trump, unless they went out their way to be vocal about it. But it would knock them down a few places on a list of wrestlers I like.

@King Pitcos I’ve seen some of that stuff and was under the impression that was him fucking about with his friends in a Jackass type of way? Is he actually pulling in random homeless guys off the street and making them do that stuff? Or is it stupid kids egging eachother on to do stupid shit?

Found this, if you watch from the ten minute mark it doesn’t quite come off how you are describing at all. Unless there are other incidents I don’t know about 

Edited by UK Kat Von D