Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Awards Moderator
35 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

I'd agree that their roster is a little bloated. Even before they were running with a limited crew, people like Jurassic Express, Butcher/Bunny/Blade and Private Party were getting lost in the mix, and they've got people on their books like StrongHearts and Sonny Kiss that they've done nothing with.

To prove your point, I’ve watched every episode of Dynamite and I don’t even know who StrongHearts is.

• Paid Members

Yeah, Cima, T-Hawk and Lindaman. 

I've only seen them on the early AEW PPVs but really enjoyed them and hoped they would be used more. They seemed to be teasing Cima leaving them for Dark Order during that Diamond battle royale but that's been dropped since. 

2 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said:

I'd agree that their roster is a little bloated. Even before they were running with a limited crew, people like Jurassic Express, Butcher/Bunny/Blade and Private Party were getting lost in the mix, and they've got people on their books like StrongHearts and Sonny Kiss that they've done nothing with.

Sonny Kiss is the only name there which feels like it has been under-utilised. Everyone else has had plenty of screen time. I don’t think they want to have everyone on every card and want to keep people fresh by rotating them in an out a bit 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Merzbow said:

What's the deal with Brian Cage? For years now I've been baffled at how he's not used in a top promotion, is he a bit of a cunt like?

I think he had a development deal at one point but was dropped for some reason.

What's the deal with Brian Cage? For years now I've been baffled at how he's not used in a top promotion, is he a bit of a cunt like?

I'd probably assume its partly due to his size and style of work he does, he seems to wrestle like a computer game (flips and powermoves), isn't his nickname "GMSI" or "Get My Shit In", opposite of wwe but could be good in aew.

4 minutes ago, The Cutting Edge said:

I'd probably assume its partly due to his size and style of work he does, he seems to wrestle like a computer game (flips and powermoves), isn't his nickname "GMSI" or "Get My Shit In", opposite of wwe but could be good in aew.

True but you'd think they'd still want him and try to mold him into the WWE style in NXT or something.

The word was that he had signed with AEW and then he fucked himself up in his last few Impact matches.

He was in FCW ages ago but they let him go. He was a bit lighter on the Prayers and Vitamins then, mind you.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, The Cutting Edge said:

The modern WWE style, and particularly NXT style, is full on Get My Shit In. He'd fit in perfectly. 

23 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

The modern WWE style, and particularly NXT style, is full on Get My Shit In. He'd fit in perfectly. 

True but he's a big dude, bigger than Lesnar (look wise) so doubt they'd want him to fly about then do multiple powerbombs, I may be wrong about his style, I mostly saw him on Impact and that's what I remember about him.

Could be something special on a big stage

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, The Cutting Edge said:

True but he's a big dude, bigger than Lesnar (look wise)

I doubt that's true, you know. He's not big at all. He wrestles tiny people for the most part, but I bet if Vince or Triple H met him at WWE HQ, they wouldnt be as impressed as we are seeing him on Impact or Lucha Underground. Billy Gunn is a big guy, but he shouldnt look like Andre next to him.

auyrd9rzja041.jpg