Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

He pays hobos/drug addicts to stick their heads in shit-filled toilets and let him pepper spray them and stuff. On Jericho’s podcast, he was wanting to show Jericho videos of it. He’s said a lot of weird stuff in interviews that make him seem shady, and idolising GG Allin is always a dodgy starting point. He gets compared to Jeff Hardy a lot, and seems quite similar in the sense of not being someone you could trust as the face of your company. 

But does this mean I can still watch him and / or talk about his questionable antics on a wrestling message board?

The GG Allin shit was off-putting, he was a talentless unoriginal hack and the kind of "transgressive artist" you've grown out of by the time you turn 18. He could have at least called himself Darby P-Orridge if he wanted to emulate a shithead.

9 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

He pays hobos/drug addicts to stick their heads in shit-filled toilets and let him pepper spray them and stuff. On Jericho’s podcast, he was wanting to show Jericho videos of it. He’s said a lot of weird stuff in interviews that make him seem shady, and idolising GG Allin is always a dodgy starting point. He gets compared to Jeff Hardy a lot, and seems quite similar in the sense of not being someone you could trust as the face of your company. 

He sounds an utter cunt then. 

10 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

The GG Allin shit was off-putting, he was a talentless unoriginal hack and the kind of "transgressive artist" you've grown out of by the time you turn 18. He could have at least called himself Darby P-Orridge if he wanted to emulate a shithead.

To be fair he just has the last name, he hasn’t based his character around him. Also I still own GG Allin tshirts, but that is just to be edgy. 

15 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

I didn't know this. I thought he was such a mark, he'd chosen the surname because of the All In PPV.

23 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

But does this mean I can still watch him and / or talk about his questionable antics on a wrestling message board?

Depends on his contract situation. At the moment, yes you can still watch him for sure, but talking about his questionable antics on a wrestling message board is not good etiquette.

3 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

Depends on his contract situation. At the moment, yes you can still watch him for sure, but talking about his questionable antics on a wrestling message board is not good etiquette.

Could you find where he talks about it please? The only clip I’ve seen depicts it very differently from how you described it so I’d like some confirmation on it

• Paid Members
44 minutes ago, westlondonmist said:

Rick Steiner's son Bronson has signed for the Baltimore Ravens. I don't know if that's a pre season squad and could be dropped, I don't understand that sport. Shame he isn't a linebacker. 

He has been signed as an undrafted free agent. That means he was eligible to be drafted but wasn't and after that anyone can sign him, and the Ravens have. He faces a tough task to make the team as the Ravens have a player at his position who went to the Pro Bowl last year. 

13 hours ago, UK Kat Von D said:

To be fair he just has the last name, he hasn’t based his character around him. Also I still own GG Allin tshirts, but that is just to be edgy. 

By most accounts, ol' GG was a lovely lad behind the scenes, just when he got fucked up on drugs and laxatives and went out on stage he went mental. Also, I think in the later era, post-prison GG was just living up to the character in a way, he started beliving in his own hype and notoriety as that's what people came to expect of him, all the chat show appearances were for show, though I don't doubt for a moment that he wasn't a dickhead to some degree. He was the punk Jerry Sadowitz.

Edited by digitalversicolor

1 hour ago, UK Kat Von D said:

It’s an hour long, he can find which part to listen to. Just like I found the part of vice doc which suggested he was talking bollocks. 

I had a quick skim through it to see if I could find it, but I couldn't. It's definitely on there though, I listened to it a few months back. He's not talking bollocks, but I don't think it paints Darby as an actual cunt, just a little questionable in his decisions.

Edit - if you're a fan of Darby, the hour is worth it, to hear his story. 

Edited by iPumaPants