Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

Someone on twitter I've seen is trying to put 2 and 2 together that it's Xavier Woods. Something about if you work with the audio in some way the voice is actually Woods doing the promo. The twitter coordinates for their location go to Truth or Consequences New Mexico or something as well. 

It would be interesting for Woods to come back against the New Day but I don't see it. Only way it could work storyline wise would be that he's been at home injured, New Day for all their talk of missing Xavier never checked up on him and went about being a team without him so he used the tech skills he had to spy on what was really happening. A bitter young upstart team of Woods and Ali wouldn't be such a bad thing either, would give them both something to stand out a little. 

Obviously this is all tosh and it is just Ali alone. 

Sasha Banks appears to have started her own twitter rumour of being released by tweeting “Thank You” and tagging WWE’s and Vince McMahon’s confirmed accounts. Could be nothing to it of course, but I can’t say I’d miss her.

She showed promise in NXT early on, but she was never as good as she or certain portions of the audience seemed to think she was. Coming out with a face like a smacked arse anytime she was losing didn’t help either, nor did that alleged strope she threw at last years Wrestlemania 

Edited by WyattSheepMask

1 minute ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Sasha Banks appears to have started her own twitter rumour of being released by tweeting “Thank You” and tagging WWE’s and Vince McMahon’s confirmed accounts. Could be nothing to it of course, but I can’t say I’d miss her.

She showed promise in NXT early on, but she was never as good as she or certain portions of the audience seemed to think she was. Coming out with a face like a smacked arse anytime she was losing didn’t help either, nor did that alleged stripe she threw at last years Wrestlemania 

She tweets that practically everyday 

It’s her way of getting heat on the internet.

• Paid Members

And it never works, just like every other attempt to get heat she makes. Sasha Banks must be one of the few wrestlers in history who started off looking like a mega star but got worse in every aspect of her game the more experience she gets.

Edited by LaGoosh

1 hour ago, Shy Dad said:

Someone on twitter I've seen is trying to put 2 and 2 together that it's Xavier Woods. Something about if you work with the audio in some way the voice is actually Woods doing the promo. The twitter coordinates for their location go to Truth or Consequences New Mexico or something as well. 

It would be interesting for Woods to come back against the New Day but I don't see it. Only way it could work storyline wise would be that he's been at home injured, New Day for all their talk of missing Xavier never checked up on him and went about being a team without him so he used the tech skills he had to spy on what was really happening. A bitter young upstart team of Woods and Ali wouldn't be such a bad thing either, would give them both something to stand out a little. 

Obviously this is all tosh and it is just Ali alone. 

The hand might be a giveaway that it's not Xavier Woods 🤔

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, Mr Kennedy said:

It's the return of GTV. Or it's Ron Killings getting a heck of a new gimmick. Not new music, just a new gimmick.

Edited by jazzygeofferz

It's the worst possible re-introduction of young hipster CM Punk.

Nah this has Ali written all over it. I'm up for that. I was wondering where he was. This was the gimmick originally planned for Sami Callihan/whatever the fuck he was called in NXT for those 3 weeks he was employed right?

I hope it's AJ Styles though for the lolz.

Spud is being interviewed live on WWE The Bump on Twitch right now. Sounds like all this is a work in some sort of redemption storyline for him to be interim champ or perform well enough to 'get his job back.' 

I wouldn't be surprised to see Gallows and Anderson rehired in 3 months when AJ Styles comes back from the dead either.

• Moderators

The way the 90 day releases work I think they can still be called back at any time anyway. If that is the case, happy to be corrected though, I'd not be surprised to see several back if the US winds back lockdown. And with Trump pushing for the Ryder Cup to happen I'd not be surprised if sport or derivatives of were to get a full clean bill of health. 

• Paid Members
36 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

The way the 90 day releases work I think they can still be called back at any time anyway. If that is the case, happy to be corrected though, I'd not be surprised to see several back if the US winds back lockdown. And with Trump pushing for the Ryder Cup to happen I'd not be surprised if sport or derivatives of were to get a full clean bill of health. 

I recall back in 2005 Rhyno was given his future endeavours notice, but within the 90 day period he appeared in the original ECW "One Night Stand" PPV, with the crowd chanting "You got fired!" during his match.