Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

It’s mind-boggling Drake’s been asked to see the tournament through after being told he's being let go from his dream job.

”Yeah, I’ll do the tournament. But my per-appearance fee is now £25,000.”

14 minutes ago, Your Fight Site said:

It’s mind-boggling Drake’s been asked to see the tournament through after being told he's being let go from his dream job.

”Yeah, I’ll do the tournament. But my per-appearance fee is now £25,000.”

In his video, it didn’t sound like he’s been asked to do it. He said they’re letting him do it. 

Although, has it definitely definitely not already been taped?

• Paid Members

They could have sold SummerSlam 92 foam fingers on ebay and it would have helped out their bottom line more than some of these releases. Could Spud really have been on a significant amount of money more than his value to the company was? There so much shite on that roster, and they got rid of him. Its mental.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

They could have sold SummerSlam 92 foam fingers on ebay and it would have helped out their bottom line more than some of these releases. Could Spud really have been on a significant amount of money more than his value to the company was? There so much shite on that roster, and they got rid of him. Its mental.

As i posted in the other thread, the cuts have saved $4 million. The same they paid Goldberg for his 2 main event matches

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

I think Vince, in particular, sees things like this as being rewards in and of themselves. They get to do things like this and have some fun, and he doesn't see it as adding any real value.If anything, it shows how little he values performers like Spud. He's small and funny, which Vince will never see as actually valuable.

6 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

As i posted in the other thread, the cuts have saved $4 million. The same they paid Goldberg for his 2 main event matches

They're not going to let anyone go of any real significance though are they? They're not stupid.

As entertaining or knowledgeable as some of the people gone are, they're pretty much all expendable in the grand scheme of things. At least from a promoter perspective.

I love Spud as much as the next guy but if you're choosing between putting him or Goldberg on your show, it's a bit of a no brainer.

Yes, they've paid crazy amounts for people in the past, but they can't go and ask for that money back.

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

how much money did Goldberg make for them in those two main event matches? How many sponsorship, advertising and TV deals were agreed because Goldberg was part of the package? How much merch did he sell? How many tickets, how many Network subs, how many PPV buys? If all that adds up to more than $4 million, as it almost certainly did, what does it matter?

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

how much money did Goldberg make for them in those two main event matches? How many sponsorship, advertising and TV deals were agreed because Goldberg was part of the package? How much merch did he sell? How many tickets, how many Network subs, how many PPV buys? If all that adds up to more than $4 million, as it almost certainly did, what does it matter?

It's valid. I mean, the Saudi money is the Saudi money, so thats happening regardless. But there is a chance that things like the TV deals may have been helped by that. My counter to that though is how many appearances has he made in the last 12 months? Surely he has had less of an impact on people watching then a Rollins, The Fiend, Roman etc... 

But who the fuck buys Goldberg merchandise in this day and age? 

4 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

It's valid. I mean, the Saudi money is the Saudi money, so thats happening regardless. But there is a chance that things like the TV deals may have been helped by that. My counter to that though is how many appearances has he made in the last 12 months? Surely he has had less of an impact on people watching then a Rollins, The Fiend, Roman etc... 

But who the fuck buys Goldberg merchandise in this day and age? 

Goldberg fans.

Come on, that's a stupid argument.

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Surely he has had less of an impact on people watching then a Rollins, The Fiend, Roman etc... 

Perhaps. But more of an impact than a Zack Ryder, a Sarah Logan or a Drake Maverick.

• Paid Members
38 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Perhaps. But more of an impact than a Zack Ryder, a Sarah Logan or a Drake Maverick.

Agree to disagree. Zack is the master of social media. People have been talking of Z being such a hit on You Tube it led wrestlers thinking outside the box, and look at what happened to Being the Elite! If now him and Hawkins had the WF podcast and Figure it Out. They kept themselves relative even without proper TV time

4 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Agree to disagree. Zack is the master of social media. People have been talking of Z being such a hit on You Tube it led wrestlers thinking outside the box, and look at what happened to Being the Elite! If now him and Hawkins had the WF podcast and Figure it Out. They kept themselves relative even without proper TV time

It wasn't enough to get him a prolonged push or anything though was it?

I admire what he did, and it certainly changed the way people perceived what they did on the Internet etc, but a lot of people have had far more success than him without having to resort to such things.

I don't really know where he fits in in 2020 that much. Beyond being friends with a few of the AEW guys, I don't feel a strong urge to be like YES YOU NEED HIM!