Richie Freebird

Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

On 7/13/2019 at 11:24 PM, TildeGuy~! said:

"hey hey hey. I wasn't drunk in public. I was drunk in a bar. They threw me into the public. I don't want to be drunk in public, I want to be drunk in a bar which is perfectly legal, arrest them."

ronbar.jpg

I don't have a clue who that other guy is but that was ace.

EDIT: Ah I started paying proper attention to UFC around the same time of his last fight, and I haven't seen too much non-WWE stuff since that time.

Edited by Mr.Showtime

9 minutes ago, Mr.Showtime said:

I don't have a clue who that other guy is but that was ace.

Josh Barnett is a former UFC Heavyweight Champion and wrestled for New Japan in 2003 & 2004. He was a particular favourite of Antonio Inoki and also worked for Inoki’s IGF. The Bloodsport concept is like the old UWFi (or indeed the movie, Bloodsport),  where it’s part work-part shoot

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Just now, WyattSheepMask said:

Josh Barnett is a former UFC Heavyweight Champion and wrestled for New Japan in 2003 & 2004. He was a particular favourite of Antonio Inoki and also for Inoki’s IGF. The Bloodsport concept is like the old UWFi (or indeed the movie, Bloodsport),  where it’s part work-part shoot

Yeah I just looked up the line-ups of the previous Bloodsports, sounds pretty interesting!

It’s not for everyone, but I’d definitely recommend the Bloodsport show from Wrestlemania weekend. I thought it was awesome.

Interestingly enough, Moxley was spotted in the crowd at the Bloodsport show, along with William Regal. He was probably counting down the days after seeing that live. 

B1DC41B3-7A64-45C0-8FF7-3521D43269C9.thumb.jpeg.b2cdec4448c51c2b471cf8b3f1ee630b.jpeg

27 minutes ago, Supremo said:

It’s not for everyone, but I’d definitely recommend the Bloodsport show from Wrestlemania weekend. I thought it was awesome.

Interestingly enough, Moxley was spotted in the crowd at the Bloodsport show, along with William Regal. He was probably counting down the days after seeing that live. 

B1DC41B3-7A64-45C0-8FF7-3521D43269C9.thumb.jpeg.b2cdec4448c51c2b471cf8b3f1ee630b.jpeg

It was an interesting show that’s for sure, a curiosity if you will. Worth watching if you have a spare couple of hours.

As for Moxley being there? Well, it’s not like he was doing anything else that weekend

Barnett vs. Suzuki is still probably my favourite match this year. I can't see Moxley managing anything half that good, but it should give Bloodsport a big-time exposure boost, so hopefully it means we get more of them in the future.

Watching him murder people in the G1, I’d love to see Tomohiro Ishii at a Bloodsport show. Seems the perfect environment for him.

This year's 'Mania Bloodsport show was excellent. The afore-mentioned Barnett vs Suzuki was out of this world, and there were some great showings from unlikely names such as Davey Boy Smith Jr, Masashi Takeda and Killer Kross. Really fun show.

Edited by Accident Prone

Loving the recent comments from Seth about how WWE will flatten AEW. He needs to show them they're not gonna lie down while AEW shits on their better product.

Edited by Seratonin

Ahhh yes, Seth Rollins the leader of the WWE, the champion who drew less money then Jinder Mahal.

Go Get ‘Em Tiger