Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

Austin Vs Bryan would be great. Bryan could play the chicken shit heel whilst sanctimoniously burying pretty much everything about Austin in promos.

Yeah, I don't want to see Austin in the ring at all but if he does come back it has to be Mania. Him vs Goldberg would be worth it just for the stare down. 

Cena is a great shout too. Amazing how generous Cena has been over the years in terms of eating losses and yet he still feels like a bigger deal than the the likes of HHH or Shawn will ever be.

• Paid Members

Austin Vs Alistair Black would be really good or Tomaso Champa. Neither are big enough to actually get the match booked but they would be something special and really would elevate either talent. Both of them have that BMF walk type attitude and confidence.

2 hours ago, Loki said:

That sort of match really has to be a Wrestlemania main event though.  Can you imagine the buyrate for Austin v Cena?

It probably wouldn’t beat the buyrate for Cena v Mark Henry in 2013. I can’t see WWE ever making much money on PPV again now. 

7 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

It probably wouldn’t beat the buyrate for Cena v Mark Henry in 2013. I can’t see WWE ever making much money on PPV again now. 

The mania event still needs to feel special. If they didn't have some form of being different then wwe would risk (I know this is unlikely) not selling out stadiums, holiday packages and various extras over a week which must make them shit loads. 

• Paid Members

Stone Cold’s likely too smart to ever agree to a Wrestlemania main event in the future.  No matter what prestige, “Wrestlemania Main Event,” might still hold, there’s no way it’s worth it to go out there and try to perform in front of a dead crowd that’s sat through a ten hour show and just wants to go home.

• Paid Members

He's only going to come back because the money is daft. He's supposedly had a few offers in retirement to do a main event at Wrestlemania, but turned it down. Like his Hall of Fame induction, I don't think he really gives too much of a shit. Not when the terms are "fuck you, pay me".