Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

Morrison had that one really good match with Rey back in 2009 so I’m glad he’s come back as I imagine they won’t be shy presenting a match between him and Styles while they have chance, and i think that would be memorable. Giving him two more memorable matches than 75% of the roster have managed the entire time he’s been gone.

22 minutes ago, Grecian said:

Or, using petty WWE thinking, he's a guy with some name value and they've signed him purely to stop him from becoming Johnny Dynamite on Wednesday nights and have no plans for him in the slightest. 

They have no plans for anyone. Then when they do make a plan for someone, we cry until they abandon the plan. Modern wrestling.

• Paid Members

He left WWE rich with a house on the beach in Manhattan. And lost all his money financing a fitness program that he sank all his money into and it failed massively. About 2 years ago, he said on Cabana's podcast he had to sell his dream home and is still in debt. He's 40 now, so its always better the devil you know. You will make money in WWE in 2019, with the leverage he has.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

He certainly carries himself like a big star. His movie star looks, high flying arsenal and fuck-awful acting abilities made him a tremendous fit for the brilliantly cheesy B-movie stylings of Lucha Underground.

I'd be very happy to see him get another run in WWE if I had any faith in them being able to make anybody seem even remotely interesting these days.

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, Grecian said:

Or, using petty WWE thinking, he's a guy with some name value and they've signed him purely to stop him from becoming Johnny Dynamite on Wednesday nights and have no plans for him in the slightest. 

Really hoping for a name change to Johnny Smackers.