Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

7 hours ago, iPumaPants said:

But does it damage Rollins? I don't think it does. In a year, when he's talking it big in the ring, no-one is gonna be saying "yeah but remember when you were scared?"

Up until the cancer, people were still going on about the time Roman Reigns said “sufferin’ succotash” in a promo once about five years ago. People will hold onto stuff that furthers their hatred of whoever the top WWE babyface is.

12 hours ago, Merzbow said:

IWA-Mid South are now advertising themselves as LGBT+ inclusive which is awesome but really odd.

How does that translates to cutting yourself open with barbed wire and light tubes?

They’re going after that incel dollar by having matches where men kick fuck out of women and gays, saying they treat everyone equally. 

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, iPumaPants said:

But does it damage Rollins? I don't think it does.

One of the WWE's world champions and supposed top sympathetic babyfaces just sat in a corner screaming like some support actor in a Roger Corman movie at a time when the crowd are turning on him. It doesn't exactly help him either.

16 hours ago, Merzbow said:

IWA-Mid South are now advertising themselves as LGBT+ inclusive which is awesome but really odd.

How does that translates to cutting yourself open with barbed wire and light tubes?

Ian Rotten apparently becoming woke is only the second most fucked up thing about 2019 IWA-MS. They currently run in a building with a ban on blood!!

Anyway, take it with a whole heap of salt, I saw a tweet from Ian's girlfriend that said "IWA has always been an inclusive environment". Seeing as I do a podcast about 2000s IWA-MS, CZW & ROH, I'd very much dispute that! My guess is because of aforementioned blood ban, Ian decided it was time to clean up the image. Most promotions advertising how inclusive they are are full of shit.

10 minutes ago, TheToeSucker said:

Ian Rotten's name is very fitting. The rotten little cunt.

He's objectively one of the most wretched carnies the business has shat out in modern memory. Love him to pieces, though. Way better wrestler than most would give him credit for, and IWA was a truly crucial indie once upon a time

Edited by sj5522

36 minutes ago, sj5522 said:

Ian Rotten apparently becoming woke is only the second most fucked up thing about 2019 IWA-MS. They currently run in a building with a ban on blood!!

Anyway, take it with a whole heap of salt, I saw a tweet from Ian's girlfriend that said "IWA has always been an inclusive environment". Seeing as I do a podcast about 2000s IWA-MS, CZW & ROH, I'd very much dispute that! My guess is because of aforementioned blood ban, Ian decided it was time to clean up the image. Most promotions advertising how inclusive they are are full of shit.

Oh aye, the rainbow dollar is a huge thing for companies in general right now.

It's a double edged sword, on one hand it can help normalise acceptance of LGBT+ people but on the other it's only been done for the money. It's more of a happy side effect than anything.

Edited by Merzbow

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, sj5522 said:

Way better wrestler than most would give him credit for,

I've not seen much of him but what I have he's been the absolute worst. Do you have a link to an example which would change my mind?

18 hours ago, sj5522 said:

"Philanthrophy is the future of marketing"

sadly, it wasn't far wrong that comment. the only reason some companies promote anything to do with equality, charity, inclusion are doing so for one reason... and it isn't to help others. it's because they think it gets them good publicity.