Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

57 minutes ago, Cod Eye said:

I've not watched any of WWE's current output since 'Mania(ish), barring the Firefly Funhouse vignettes and The Fiend's debut.  Can someone please explain what is going on in that gif(I assume it's Bray Wyatt related with the lighting)?

Bray attacked Rollins, as 'The Fiend'. 

I don't the criticism of this angle.  Everyone universally wants The Fiend to be portrayed as a big deal.  Nothing punctures the aura of a monster more than their opponent not giving a shit about them.  Rollins' horror at The Fiend is a major part of why he's looking so hot right now.

34 minutes ago, Loki said:

I don't the criticism of this angle.  Everyone universally wants The Fiend to be portrayed as a big deal.  Nothing punctures the aura of a monster more than their opponent not giving a shit about them.  Rollins' horror at The Fiend is a major part of why he's looking so hot right now.

Who criticised the angle? Where are you getting that from? I don't read every single forum post but as far as I can tell, people are loving the angle/gimmick.

• Awards Moderator
18 minutes ago, iPumaPants said:

Who criticised the angle? Where are you getting that from? I don't read every single forum post but as far as I can tell, people are loving the angle/gimmick.

The criticism's not of The Fiend, rather that top babyface Seth Rollins is shrieking and cowering in fear at the mere sight of him.

31 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

IWA-Mid South are now advertising themselves as LGBT+ inclusive which is awesome but really odd.

How does that translates to cutting yourself open with barbed wire and light tubes?

Perhaps when someone cuts a artery, the blood sprays out with all the colours of the rainbow? 

8 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

I don't think any top babyface has ever done the screaming in fear reaction every time they see the baddie. It's a good thing for Bray, but it does Rollins no favours at all.

But does it damage Rollins? I don't think it does. In a year, when he's talking it big in the ring, no-one is gonna be saying "yeah but remember when you were scared?"

4 hours ago, iPumaPants said:

But does it damage Rollins? I don't think it does. In a year, when he's talking it big in the ring, no-one is gonna be saying "yeah but remember when you were scared?"

If everyone else screams and cries in fear, then no, it doesn't damage Rollins. But as already pointed out, Balor didn't at Summerslam. If Rollins is the only one, then he looks like a chump and no-one else does. 

4 hours ago, iPumaPants said:

I agree with Pitcos. It’s not just about this individual moment though, it’s about a collection of booking decisions they’ve made that have made him look like an absolute tool. He’s also made some eye-rolling comments in real life interview that make it hard to support him. 

You can sense it with the crowd too. The boo-boys are starting to tear their head and it’s only a matter of time before that grows significantly, I suspect.