Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

He’s been a little knob on the Internet for years.

This is fair. I never really paid attention to him online until this year when he outed himself as a complete muppet. 

When was his last great match? Last one I recall was the Brock/Cena three at the 2015 Rumble. Other than that, apart from the great Shield 6-mans (pre-breakup), he's never particularly wowed me. 

• Awards Moderator
14 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

This is fair. I never really paid attention to him online until this year when he outed himself as a complete muppet. 

When was his last great match? Last one I recall was the Brock/Cena three at the 2015 Rumble. Other than that, apart from the great Shield 6-mans (pre-breakup), he's never particularly wowed me. 

I can't recall any individual matches from it but he had a cracking run of form in the first half of 2018. I remember around halfway through the year I had him picked as a likely Wrestler of the Year winner.

EDIT: It was things like the Gauntlet Match on Raw before Elimination Chamber where he lasted over an hour, and the IC Title match at last year's Mania.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members

Seth was on fire last Summer. The problem was that they didn’t pull the trigger when the time was right. Had Seth beaten Brock at Summerslam 2018 he’d have been treated like a hero and things may have been very different. The problem was that they were still hell-bent on pushing forward with the Roman thing and it was only afterwards that they went back to Seth, months too late.

I’ll never get over it though. Imagine putting together the Summerslam 2018 main event and going, “let’s not use the lad who’s got loads of momentum and seems to be getting genuine cheers from the crowd. Instead, let’s go with the guy who’s become so toxic that we literally have to trick fans into not leaving by teasing a Cash-in and then immediately cut the feed to avoid airing the vociferous negative reaction to him winning the Title.”

Edited by Supremo

6 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

Again - you’re talking with hindsight. At the time, you were just crying because it was Vince’s idea instead of what Reddit wanted.

No I’m not. Batista knew at the time it was stupid and so did everyone else except for Vince. By saying I’m talking with hindsight you are implying this is only obvious now. It was obvious then and you still haven’t given any recent examples 

1 hour ago, Supremo said:

After a rubbish spat with Sasha Banks, Seth Rollins has deleted his Twitter account.

CIAOi6q.gif

Top. Babyface.

Apparently he was getting death threats from Sasha’s fans over his response to her sarcastic rip off of his tweet about wrestling Rey on Monday, if true then it’s understandable because like him or not death threats are not in any way shape or form acceptable, it’s bloody wrestling at the end of the day

1 hour ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Apparently he was getting death threats from Sasha’s fans over his response to her sarcastic rip off of his tweet about wrestling Rey on Monday, if true then it’s understandable because like him or not death threats are not in any way shape or form acceptable, it’s bloody wrestling at the end of the day

Is this what the kids refer to as ‘stans’? Seriously though, who sends death threats over fucking wrestling. Obviously death threats have no place in anything, but fucking wrestling?

Edited by WyattSheepMask
Not pro-death threats

12 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Is this what the kids refer to as ‘stans’? Seriously though, who sends death threats over fucking wrestling. Obviously death threats have place in anything, but fucking wrestling?

Yep, that whole culture is toxic as fuck when someone dares criticise their idols. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Supremo said:

After a rubbish spat with Sasha Banks, Seth Rollins has deleted his Twitter account.

CIAOi6q.gif

Top. Babyface.

I've not watched any of WWE's current output since 'Mania(ish), barring the Firefly Funhouse vignettes and The Fiend's debut.  Can someone please explain what is going on in that gif(I assume it's Bray Wyatt related with the lighting)?