Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
17 hours ago, ColinBollocks said:

That's sad to read. I had no idea Big Cass was now blacklisted by a lot of promotions. Sadly, wrestling doesn't really seem to give a care about mental health. 

It's not been structured to be able to. Outside WWE and maybe AEW, they're all independent contractors, meaning there's no overarching organisation with the resources for outreach and care for wrestlers in terms of either physical or mental health. Apart from the Cauliflower Alley Club, I can't think of any organisations that might be well-positioned to offer that sort of help. WWE and AEW probably can, but in WWE's case they've demonstrated that they'll do that for people on an arbitrary basis, either for current talent they're well-disposed towards, or former talent who did well with them, and AEW have made good noises, but haven't been around long enough to really show if they'll suit their actions to their words.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Mike Johnson reporting that "John Morrison" has re-signed with WWE. Interesting one. Always liked him originally and he was good in Lucha Underground. Lowered himself working for some bottom feeders though when he could/should have been back in WWE.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Cannibal Man said:

Honestly always thought he was a void of charasima staring into an abyss of shite and dull in the ring. But then that's why I didn't follow him once he got off. Has he got better since?

He still can't talk but he's a flashy worker who carries himself like a star. There's far worse working in WWE every week.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

He still can't talk but he's a flashy worker who carries himself like a star. There's far worse working in WWE every week.

Also appeals to the women and the gays. He's basically the next generation's Jeff Hardy.