Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Roh lost alot of talent and there replacing them with nobody's Tracy Williams, Mark Haskins... Etc its a shame really there's a lot of unsigned talent in the uk and North America that deserve a shot and should be signed before Joe Hendry/Tracy Williams etc. 

1 hour ago, kidzero said:

Roh lost alot of talent and there replacing them with nobody's Tracy Williams, Mark Haskins... Etc its a shame really there's a lot of unsigned talent in the uk and North America that deserve a shot and should be signed before Joe Hendry/Tracy Williams etc. 

Contradicting yourself a bit here. I think you're absolutely right in terms of unsigned talent being given a shot, but then you can hardly complain that the unsigned talent they bring through (in this case Haskins and Williams) are "nobodies". They aren't going to be established names as soon as they walk in are they? Otherwise they wouldn't be touching ROH with a bargepole.

For what it's worth, I think both Haskins and Williams are good wrestlers, who could probably do a lot better elsewhere than the awful curse that is ROH booking.

12 minutes ago, AdamTH17 said:

Contradicting yourself a bit here. I think you're absolutely right in terms of unsigned talent being given a shot, but then you can hardly complain that the unsigned talent they bring through (in this case Haskins and Williams) are "nobodies". They aren't going to be established names as soon as they walk in are they? Otherwise they wouldn't be touching ROH with a bargepole.

For what it's worth, I think both Haskins and Williams are good wrestlers, who could probably do a lot better elsewhere than the awful curse that is ROH booking.

Yeah you make some vaild points its just I like roh and I'm a bit of an roh fan boy but I guess my point is I just want it to get better and do better house's.... I have to admit some of the booking is terrible but  they should have signed Elgin I know he was there before and been champ but he would have been a fresh face with name value and ultimately he would have added to the product 

3 minutes ago, kidzero said:

Yeah you make some vaild points its just I like roh and I'm a bit of an roh fan boy but I guess my point is I just want it to get better and do better house's.... I have to admit some of the booking is terrible but  they should have signed Elgin I know he was there before and been champ but he would have been a fresh face with name value and ultimately he would have added to the product 

I really think you can attribute the fact nobody cares about ROH down to their portion of the MSG show. I honestly still think they're withstanding from the knock-on impact of that. They had an amazing opportunity to showcase themselves at MSG, during Wrestlemania weekend alongside the second biggest company in the world, and they absolutely shit the bed. I can't put into words how utterly awful the ROH side of the Supershow was. If you're looking to point fingers, don't point them at the talent - point them at the team that produced the ROH side of that show.

Edited by AdamTH17

Has anyone else watched the Raw Reunion "Day Of"?  Really nice little package of backstage bits from that show.

The one thing that struck me, and I'm sure it was intentional, is how much of an itch Austin has to wrestle again.  From talking about doing a run-in for Riccochet, to saying a couple of times that he reckons he could do 20 minutes in the ring, to the look on his face when he comes backstage after the end of the show....

He's 54 - only 4 years older than HHH.  Michaels came back, Taker came back, Hogan was still wrestling at that age...   He looks in phenomenal shape too, and he kind of looks the age he always looked in his original run if you know what I mean, he always looked older than he was.

I've always assumed that door is closed, but I dunno - maybe there's a chink of light there.

6 minutes ago, Loki said:

Has anyone else watched the Raw Reunion "Day Of"?  Really nice little package of backstage bits from that show.

The one thing that struck me, and I'm sure it was intentional, is how much of an itch Austin has to wrestle again.  From talking about doing a run-in for Riccochet, to saying a couple of times that he reckons he could do 20 minutes in the ring, to the look on his face when he comes backstage after the end of the show....

He's 54 - only 4 years older than HHH.  Michaels came back, Taker came back, Hogan was still wrestling at that age...   He looks in phenomenal shape too, and he kind of looks the age he always looked in his original run if you know what I mean, he always looked older than he was.

I've always assumed that door is closed, but I dunno - maybe there's a chink of light there.

a solo match could be a mess but a tag where all he has to do is 

Flip off opposition

Thesz Press

Stunner

would still get a better crowd reaction than 90% of matches in the last 3 years. 

31 minutes ago, Loki said:

I'd have to assume the 'chink of light' will be Saudi money at some point. They got HBK, they got Goldberg, they got their own guy called Mansoor - I've often thought that Austin will eventually come back for whatever exorbitant fee they'll throw at him.