Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, BomberPat said:

I love the "Charlie Brown From Outta Town" masked man angle, though. The beauty of it is that it's always the most recognisable man on the roster doing it - Hogan, Andre, Dusty, Jimmy Valiant, Junkyard Dog. Brilliant stuff.

That was the one! The Midnight Rider.

7 hours ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

I absolutely loved the late 90’s Blue Blazer version. The fact both Jeff & Owen were involved was fantastic stuff.

And that was the other one I didn't realise I was also thinking of. Owen as the Blue Blazer.

Thanks, guys.

1 hour ago, Carbomb said:

That was the one! The Midnight Rider.

Trivia Question!

On World Wide Wrestling TV the "Midnight Rider" came out for a match as the conclusion of the angle. During the match Dusty Rhodes came to ringside to supposedly prove it was never him (it obviously was), but who was unmasked as the "Midnight Rider" in his one & only appearance in this role?

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Wasn't there a short lived group in the 80's called The Machines, that were a bunch of WWF guys pretending to be Japanese? Think Andre, Studd and Hogan were among the wrestlers under the masks.

Andre was Giant machine, Bill Eadie was another and I forget the other main one now. I think Hogan did a Mr America thing where he was a machine on a couple of occasions where it was blatantly obvious it was him.

12 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Andre was Giant machine, Bill Eadie was another and I forget the other main one now. I think Hogan did a Mr America thing where he was a machine on a couple of occasions where it was blatantly obvious it was him.

Giant Machine – Andrè The Giant
Big Machine – Blackjack Mulligan
Super Machine – Bill Eadie (Demolition Ax)
Hulk Machine – Hulk Hogan
Piper Machine – Roddy Piper
Animal Machine – George Steele

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, Lord-Mountevans said:

Trivia Question!

On World Wide Wrestling TV the "Midnight Rider" came out for a match as the conclusion of the angle. During the match Dusty Rhodes came to ringside to supposedly prove it was never him (it obviously was), but who was unmasked as the "Midnight Rider" in his one & only appearance in this role?

I'm afraid I've not a scooby. I would hazard a guess at Dick The Bruiser, or maybe even Dick Slater. 

39 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

I'm afraid I've not a scooby. I would hazard a guess at Dick The Bruiser, or maybe even Dick Slater. 

Incorrect. I consider this a really difficult trivia question (unless someone cheats & Googles it).

If nobody gets the answer i will put you out of your misery tomorrow night.

*Clue*
He helped get the Hardy Boys their first TV exposure & then proceeded to take most of their appearance money off them!

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Lord-Mountevans said:

Incorrect. I consider this a really difficult trivia question (unless someone cheats & Googles it).

*Clue*
He helped get the Hardy Boys their first TV exposure & then proceeded to take most of their appearance money off them!

Doc Hendrix?

10 hours ago, Lord-Mountevans said:

Giant Machine – Andrè The Giant
Big Machine – Blackjack Mulligan
Super Machine – Bill Eadie (Demolition Ax)
Hulk Machine – Hulk Hogan
Piper Machine – Roddy Piper
Animal Machine – George Steele

Sounds like a lineup for Never Mind The Buzzcocks.

20 hours ago, Lord-Mountevans said:

*Clue*

I know it was Italian Stallion I remember from the Hardys book

Racking my brain for his name though 

Joey Maggs?