Richie Freebird

Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

I mean, this is perhaps some of the least minor “minor” news ever reported, surely?

I like that even in times of crisis backstage rather than on screen, Vince just hits the nostalgia button. 

2 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

NWO vs New Day please.

Swerve and they join forces to make New Day Order 

4 hours ago, Daaaaaad! said:

I mean, this is perhaps some of the least minor “minor” news ever reported, surely?

I know, Tilde Guy actually providing a source is a game changer!

8 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I like how he explains what Infamous means. Every days a school day and all that.

"We never wanted to steal a childs hope." Nicking some fat lads pretend belts, that's fine.

Notice how they got him the UK Title? AKA the best looking belt in all of wrestling? The parents obviously have taste.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

On 6/27/2019 at 10:34 AM, Accident Prone said:

That is such utter, utter dross. You come off sounding like Alan Partridge, and not in a good way. Blaming Colt for any of this is proper shit, and I'm not even a big Colt fan. Punk used Colt's very big platform because he was a trusted mate and, at the time, it was arguably the world's most popular wrestling podcast. Colt had a guest, the guest spouted off, the guest should shoulder all the heat. The host of the show shouldn't even come into this mess.

I can absolutely see why Colt would be pissed, especially if Punk said that he'd cover all the costs only to bill the poor fucker at the end of a lawsuit that he should've had no business being involved with anyway. Get to fuck.

I don't think you're even the real Johnny Vegas either.

It's Colt's show. It's his responsibility. For him to seek assurances that Punk would cover legal costs if things went wrong he knew the potential for it to do so. Cabana made the decision to put the show up, was warned by WWE to take it down or they would sue, didn't and then they did. CM Punk is a wanker undoubtedly but how anyone can think Cabana wad beyond any responsibility is astonishing.

You're telling me that Colt Cabana was the biggest platform CM Punk had to get his story out there at the time as well? Unreal. 

18 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Lewis Capaldi came out for his Glastonbury gig to Shane McMahon’s theme.

I mean this genuinely, but.. who?

18 hours ago, Jonny Vegas said:

It's Colt's show. It's his responsibility. For him to seek assurances that Punk would cover legal costs if things went wrong he knew the potential for it to do so. Cabana made the decision to put the show up, was warned by WWE to take it down or they would sue, didn't and then they did. CM Punk is a wanker undoubtedly but how anyone can think Cabana wad beyond any responsibility is astonishing.

You're telling me that Colt Cabana was the biggest platform CM Punk had to get his story out there at the time as well? Unreal. 

Biggest, no. But the one who wouldn’t edit the content

18 hours ago, Jonny Vegas said:

Yep, absolutely. It was the biggest and most-accessible platform Punk had. At the time, it was easiest the world's most popular wrestling podcast and the host happened to be Punk's best mate. You really think that any other 'bigger' show would've given him the time, space and easy atmosphere to go into the sort of detail that he did? Hell no. CM Punk's exit is a five minute ESPN tidbit when it concerns the mainstream press. AOW was his best route for getting it all out there.

And if you think for a second that Cabana should shoulder any blame for holding up the journalistic integrity of posting Punks interview with his full consent, then you need to read up on the slippery slope that leads to. 

1 hour ago, Loki said:

Until recently, I was the same. He was all over for his "insta stories" but I had no idea what for. Did a bit of research and discovered I had heard his first number one and he is quite funny. Albeit through the medium of instagram stories which are fucking lame. Took the Noel Gallagher stuff in his stride.

1 hour ago, Loki said:

Lewis Capaldi. Says right there in the tweet. Fastest selling album of the year. Out-sold the entire top 10 combined when it was released. Best selling British debut in over 8 years. 

No idea who that Capaldi lad was either as I don't do any of that instashite, thought it was Malcolm Tucker from The Thick of It doing a side job as a DJ or whatever.