Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
47 minutes ago, Nick Soapdish said:

Few places on Twitter saying that Jeremy Borash is going WWE. If he has left Impact they may as well close shop as he was keeping that place together 

My reaction to that rhymes with 'clucking bell'...

Bigger than the loss of any single wrestler to Impact if that's true. Wow. Not good.

• Paid Members

After some of the shocking camera work at the Rumble, I'm hoping they're getting Borash in to work production - they don't need more bland announcers, they could do with someone who knows what they're doing behind the scenes.

• Awards Moderator
14 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

After some of the shocking camera work at the Rumble, I'm hoping they're getting Borash in to work production - they don't need more bland announcers, they could do with someone who knows what they're doing behind the scenes.

What particularly annoyed me at the Rumble was the camerawork around the 'south west' ringpost. The camera would frequently go past this trying to track a shot, and the LED ringposts aren't very narrow.

• Paid Members

The production elements that happen these days that are the most annoying, I've got to think are mostly intentional and that they are what Vince and Kevin Dunn want. If they weren't, then they wouldn't still be happening after several years. Whilst Borash will obviously bring a tonne of experience, I'd imagine he'll be expected to fit into WWE's ideas rather than bring too many ideas of his own.

Spud is my guess as well.

Plus, this has probably already been said but with the exits of Aries, Neville and now Enzo (arguably the 3 highest profile cruiserweights ) and the introduction of a specific 205 Live GM, I wouldn’t be surprised if we hardly see the cruiserweights on RAW anymore.

12 hours ago, The Dart said:

PWInsider reports that Borash has been signed to work on NXT.

Pleased to see this. I was about to post saying I hope he's ends up working with NXT. As others have said, he's as talented and versatile as they come. Of course, he'll be expected to fit into WWE's ways but I reckon he'll be given a decent amount of freedom in NXT. Vince and co seem to have gotten over their fetishes for bullying anyone who came from outside WCW/TNA since Triple H beat Sting, so he's in a much better environment than if he'd joined five years ago.

I'd love to read a mega post on Borash's career/time at TNA. I imagine someone like Ian could make a cracking post about it.