Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

On Bruce Pritchards morning deuce show (21st Jan) he read out the question and confirmed that Vince was indeed interested in buying NUFC at one point, but it never came to fruition for whatever reason. So there you go. First time I’ve heard it and believed it.

Has this ever been confirmed by anyone else in the business who was as close to Vince as Bruce was before now?

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members
23 hours ago, Carbomb said:

Sorry, but I'm having trouble agreeing with that assertion. I'm sure some schools came about through judo, but British catch wrestling is just as old, if not older, and I don't imagine that the basis of pro-wrestling in Britain traditionally stems from that in the larger part. The Americans had hook/shoot wrestling, as well.

I'm not disputing that some styles and techniques of pro-wrestling stem from judo, but not exclusively; when you look at the differences in some of the basics you learn, such as the difference between a British back bump and an American one, it doesn't seem to be that simple.

I think perhaps what he was saying was that some of the methodology used in teaching pro-wrestling comes from judo schools, rather than wrestling itself haven't stemmed from judo. I can see that being the case in some instances, but it's far from universal.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, BomberPat said:

I think perhaps what he was saying was that some of the methodology used in teaching pro-wrestling comes from judo schools, rather than wrestling itself haven't stemmed from judo. I can see that being the case in some instances, but it's far from universal.

Ah, I see. Yeah, I was more referring to the basic techniques of pro-wrestling, i.e. bumps, grappling.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Frankie Crisp said:

Dudleys are going into the Hall of Fame.

Just hope they wear camouflaged or tie dye tuxedos for the occasion.

Edited by PJ Power

Just seen this. Apparently he requested his notice and was seen backstage in Philly "visiting friends". Rumour is an on screen role, but having been everything at TNA, he's got knowledge in a lot of areas and will add to the talent back and front stage. What was he doing at TNA currently?

• Paid Members

He did a lot of work on the production behind the scenes, to the point where he filmed a lot of stuff himself. I can't see him being placed into the bullied interviewer role that Coach / Kevin Kelly used to be in, which would be a waste of his talent.

If he gets any sort of control or input then we'll hopefully see the end of the dreaded 'people watch tv while standing sideways to it' backstage segments.