Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

Tell you what though, the women's Rumble is absolutely intriguing. Look at the amount of chat on here about it, especially compared to the men's match. Throw in the fact that you'll genuinely have 12 surprises (whereas most, if not all, of the remaining men's spots will go to active roster members) and I'm really looking forward to this.

Which former women stars are we likely to see? I think the Raw 25 show might've given away a few. Probably no chance of happening, but a GLOW girl or two would be fun- especially Kia Stevens/Kharma/Kong.

• Paid Members

I like the thought I either read somewhere else on here or heard online of Nia winning, and Alexa trying to kiss her arse and persuade her to go after the Smackdown belt like the old Tripper/Batista angle.

1 hour ago, wordsfromlee said:

They wouldn't have Rhonda have her first ever pro wrestling match at Wrestlemania, would they?

That's what they were hoping to do with Mickey Rourke.

• Paid Members
46 minutes ago, air_raid said:

REALLY???? Really. Christ.

Well if the objective is to keep Asuka and Rhonda strong in the hope of a belting mania match, whilst still keeping a side focus of the title.. yeah, I’ve got no problem with her winning at all. 

I’d prefer Steph getting a sly win, due to Asuka and Rhonda squaring off, rather than say Asuka winning due to a Steph interference (Steph showing power). That wouldn’t help either Rhonda or Asuka, one would have been outdone by Steph, and one wouldn’t be able to get the job done without her.

Obviously this is fully under the assumption that Steph is stepping in the ring, which I don’t trust her not to.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members

No longer surprised by anything. It's one of BritWres' worst-kept secrets he was gay, but that in itself means nothing - for the most part, he was seen with adult males who were seemingly consenting. But wrestling being what it is, and Bagga's overall practices as a businessman, should've figured his sense of entitlement would extend in other directions eventually.

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

Well if the objective is to keep Asuka and Rhonda strong in the hope of a belting mania match, whilst still keeping a side focus of the title.. yeah, I’ve got no problem with her winning at all. 

Christ.

If she puts herself in, it should only be so somebody can get a pop by lobbing her almost immediately. The first ever womens Rumble becoming a vehicle to advance a Steph story or put her in any kind of spot for Mania would bring me out in eczema.

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, John Matrix said:

I don't know whats worse, this sort of behaviour, or sticking your head out of the woodwork as if you've any sort of moral high ground to claim

To be fair, it looks like he merely jumped on a call to do so, rather than piling up and contacting them entirely of his own accord:

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, air_raid said:

Christ.

If she puts herself in, it should only be so somebody can get a pop by lobbing her almost immediately. The first ever womens Rumble becoming a vehicle to advance a Steph story or put her in any kind of spot for Mania would bring me out in eczema.

6F16AE7D-1AB1-49D8-B3BE-CE203447F47F.jpeg

Here you go, because if she’s at ringside, she’ll bound to be involved in the rumble, and she doesn’t know how to do anything else other than put herself first/over as far as history tells us.

I’d much rather she was in a different building. But she’s already said she’s at ringside, shits clearly going to happen and I’d much prefer it meant decent angles would come out of it leading to Mania.

She’s going to be involved in some capacity, and I doubt she’s going to do anything that looks bad for her, such as talking a gang beat down, as if. All that would mean is that she’s on the war path every week for the next several months making the women’s division intolerable again.

Based on that I’m guessing she’ll either directly cause someone else to win, which does nowt other than show she’s still in charge, or she’ll win, preferably by fluke, which will limit any damage to others (Rhonda and Asuka).

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

10 minutes ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

6F16AE7D-1AB1-49D8-B3BE-CE203447F47F.jpeg

"H-Hulk! How are you pulling off this intense recovery?"

"Smell my finger, brother!"

"Oh of course, the hand cream."

200.gif

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

They wouldn't have Rhonda have her first ever pro wrestling match at Wrestlemania, would they? Surely they'll stick her in a tag match So she's on the card, but doesn't have to do much.

It depends on if they think she's going to be a full-timer, which I doubt. This isn't a new wrestler debuting, that's going to be popping up on RAW every week, it's a huge crossover star - it's no different to Floyd Mayweather having his first wrestling match at Wrestlemania.

I think the main reason the best options are Stephanie or Asuka is that a Stephanie match would be largely a WWE smoke and mirrors match, designed to hide Ronda's presumed shortcomings as a newcomer to the sport, and Asuka's one of the most experienced female workers they have, so could easily take the lead and guide her through a decent match. Charlotte's good, but only been wrestling four or five years, I wouldn't put her in the position to lead a match with a newcomer.

11 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I've heard Horsewomen Vs Horsewomen being bandied around, but do you take the belt off Charlotte in the meantime?

There are a few problems, for me, with Horsewomen vs. Horsewomen. The possibility of a Ronda match at Wrestlemania came up in the pub a few days ago, and it was myself, my old boss that's your stereotypical neckbeard smark (convinced that Kenny Omega will be in the Rumble, or that Jericho will be in it and get attacked by Naito, always has fantasy booking ideas that rely heavily on assuming the fanbase remember/know backstage gossip or feuds from other promotions years earlier), and a couple of casual fans who only really pay attention around the Rumble and 'Mania. No casual fan has the faintest idea what the "Horsewomen" are, either from the WWE or MMA side. It would be building a Wrestlemania feud around terminology that they rarely, if ever, use on television, around a group that have never teamed together in WWE.

The other downside is that you've got Shayna Baszler in NXT, clearly still needing time to develop, and you're going to throw her into one of the biggest matches at Wrestlemania? Then the other two, who aren't training to be wrestlers as far as anyone knows, but even if they are, they would have to pay presumably big money to come in for the one-off match, on top of presumably a sizeable sum for Ronda Rousey? And where's the return on that investment? People might buy the pay-per-view to see Ronda Rousey, but there's nobody in the world that isn't sold on a Ronda Rousey match but would change their mind if Jessamyn Duke was involved. Ronda's the only draw in the whole situation - throwing in more people that won't sell a single extra PPV buy is burning money.

10 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Which former women stars are we likely to see? I think the Raw 25 show might've given away a few. Probably no chance of happening, but a GLOW girl or two would be fun- especially Kia Stevens/Kharma/Kong.

I said it back around Summerslam time - WWE would be daft not to try and seek some kind of interaction with the stars of GLOW, and the stars of GLOW would probably be daft to actually do it. Especially with the rumour being that Ivory's going into the Hall of Fame this year, I would tie that into her career starting in GLOW, and have some of the stars of the show at ringside at Wrestlemania, or a lesser PPV or RAW when Ivory's induction is announced. Have one of the heel women, maybe even Stephanie, get in their face for whatever reason - doesn't have to be Kia, could be any of the others, and they can give her a real simple move for a cheap pop.

• Paid Members

Exactly that Pat. They were at the Mae Young Classic weren't they? I'm sure they definitely made an appearance in the front row at a WWE show. But yeah, makes so much sense to get them in for a tie-in like they did with Mickey Rourke. I tried to see when the 2nd series is coming out, but no news out there. It's been announced, but I don't think it will be ready anytime soon.