Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

1 hour ago, SpiritOfTheForest said:

Although Steph sneakily jumping in from the table and eliminating the last woman in the ring at the time, posing smugly and then the counter going off and Ronda Rousey coming out would be pretty damn cool I think. 

Problem with that is Steph would know if Ronda is appearing. She’d have signed her to a contract, paid her to train at the performance centre and arranged her debut. This isn’t the 90s anymore.

I think it’s more likely that if Ronda does debut, Steph just wants to be shouting down the headsets reminding everyone what an achievement the signing is. Probably ruin the moment by trying to get in on the spotlight.

Will the women go an hour? Not sure I can handle an hour of her voice

4 hours ago, UK Kat Von D said:

Problem with that is Steph would know if Ronda is appearing. She’d have signed her to a contract, paid her to train at the performance centre and arranged her debut. This isn’t the 90s anymore.

I think it’s more likely that if Ronda does debut, Steph just wants to be shouting down the headsets reminding everyone what an achievement the signing is. Probably ruin the moment by trying to get in on the spotlight.

Will the women go an hour? Not sure I can handle an hour of her voice

That's like saying Vince should never have been left in a beer bath by Austin because he booked it.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, UK Kat Von D said:

What an absolutely mental thing to say. Of course you could do that angle. You could explain it away in a heartbeat by saying Kurt sorted all the contracts out, without Stephanie knowing. You could even try and add some continuity by having Kurt claim it was revenge against the family for what Hunter did to him at Survivor Series.

I actually think it’s a really good idea. Troll the Philly fans into thinking Steph has won, then bring Ronda out for the big pop. Maybe Steph comes in at number 29, eliminates some no-hoper like Bayley, then gets on the mic and says it doesn’t matter who’s next because she’s ordering them to come in and eliminate themselves or she’ll fire them on the spot. Then Ronda comes out and murders her for the win. It’d be awesome, especially since Ronda’s one of the few humans on the planet that Steph seems willing to show some arse for.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

That's a pretty great idea, tbh. Steph is long overdue showing some arse and Rousey coming out to twat her would be a massive moment.

Steph will probably demand Rousey loses clean to her, but nonetheless, that's about as good a finish as you'll get. You could close the show with it too.

You wouldn't even need to have Kurt going behind his boss's back. The Rumble's an inter-brand match, so Shane can put anyone he likes in there without telling his rival commissioner a thing.

Still, I'd prefer the division gets to establish its own Royal Rumble without the first one already becoming a vehicle for some McMahon/celebrity WrestleMania novelty.

So is the Women’s match going on last? The way they were talking a little on the pre show and stuff it sounded like that might be the main event? You’d imagine something like Rousey would have to happen if it closed the show 

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, Louch said:

I don’t understand why sharing it on social media AFTER going to police. Surely only harms her case as makes the accused able to say any dury would be biased by social media? 

I think that's easily said when looking at things purely from a legal perspective, but on the other hand - she's been living with this since October. I can absolutely understand the need to speak out after that time, just to get it off her chest, particularly in the current climate, and when the person she's accusing is on television every week.

As for Stephanie - I wouldn't mind her doing the Lawler quick elimination bit, but she'd never show that much arse. In bloody years now, the only people to have given her any real comeuppance have been Ronda Rousey in her Wrestlemania bit, and Vickie Guerrero on her way out. I'd rather the first women's Rumble be as free from bullshit as possible, and played as straight as possible, because it's the first one, and they'll be referring back to it for years to come - to tar it with daft McMahon nonsense, or "you thought you'd won, but you haven't", or anything like that is undermining it. Kind of like how people were annoyed with James Ellsworth being involved in the finish for the first women's Money In The Bank match.

I also don't really want Ronda to be in the Rumble at all. Ronda Rousey doesn't need something like the Royal Rumble to set her up for a big match, she doesn't need winning the Royal Rumble to establish her. All she needs to do is show up, and people will be talking. With the Royal Rumble, you have the potential to set up a Women's Title feud for Wrestlemania that can actually mean something, while building to Ronda's match completely separately. Combining the two is a wasted opportunity, in my eyes. And if they book Rousey in it and she doesn't win, then they're having her lose in her first WWE match - and they don't want the stigma of Rousey as a loser, which they're going to be trying hard to overcome amongst some fans as it is.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Doog said:

So is the Women’s match going on last? The way they were talking a little on the pre show and stuff it sounded like that might be the main event? You’d imagine something like Rousey would have to happen if it closed the show 

No fucking chance.

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, Louch said:

I don’t understand why sharing it on social media AFTER going to police. Surely only harms her case as makes the accused able to say any dury would be biased by social media? 

Jurors have to declare a lack of knowledge of the defendant, the circumstances surrounding the crime, the victim (where there is one), and all the witnesses that are going to be called, before they're admitted to the jury. At least that's how it works in this country.

3 hours ago, Supremo said:

What an absolutely mental thing to say. Of course you could do that angle. You could explain it...

Would they explain it? Or would they pretend that Steph forgot how to count to 30, was not aware of all the entrants of the match and was not aware of Ronda training at the performance centre?

Why would Shane sign Ronda when the women’s revolution is Steph’s project? If anyone is gonna be jumping through hoops to sign big female free agents, it’s Steph. Ronda is not going be on Smackdown...

Just keep her out the match. She will add nothing other than the biggest groan a wrestling crowd has made since Savio Vega 

I wouldn't mind Ronda winning either. But then she doesn't have to win, she could still come in and throw Steph out to make a point and Shane could then give her a Smackdown title match as a thank you/promise. Then you could switch Charlotte & Asuka and have Charlotte vs Bliss & Asuka vs Ronda at Mania. Probably two good womans matches right there.