Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

According to the Metro, ex-wrestler John Cena is in talks to play Duke Nukem in a new film. Obviously cashing in on the recent popularity of that video game franchise, and the trailblazing success of The Rock's Doom movie.

• Paid Members

I suspect they've released him the same way Daniel Bryan was first released - if Amore is found not guilty or the charges get dropped then he'll be welcomed back at a later date.

• Paid Members

Shame he's fucked up so royally. Such a talented guy. Made a mess of things with minor misdemeanors and then has possibly committed a hideous crime. Even if innocent, he's not getting a shot at being a star again.

Why do people think they can do what the fuck they want? Always bites you.

• Paid Members

Probably a good opportunity to bin off the entire division tbh. Enzo was merely extending its pointless existence, but even he was getting boring there and everyone had become mere props.

Love seeing the entitled white males kicking off over this on Twitter.

Edited by PunkStep

didn't even get "future endeavour"'d. Must be serious.

is there even any point crowning a new champion now? I mean on paper there could be a neat little tournament out of it but the belt means bollocks all. For everything good you could say about Enzo's mic skills, and he was great on his day, he killed any intrigue in that title for me. Just integrate the Gulaks and the other decent ones across the brands (that could mean Neville comes back too), sack off the boring ones and be done with this failed purple experiment.

kind of feel for Big Cass. that nasty injury at a dreadful time and now he's fucked by association. not that he was anything special but that's some shite luck

Edited by sj5522

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Supposedly he’s known about the allegations coming to light but for whatever reason didn’t see fit to let the company know which is downright utter stupidity on his part

I thought that earlier when FUM was suggesting WWE were complicit but wasn't worth speculating. I know someone who had a similar experience and only told his employer when he needed to go to court. He was innocent but they booted him anyway for that.

Yeah, that's probably why they've been so quick to sack him off. If he's been keeping this whole investigation schtum whilst WWE have been giving him featured feuds, championship runs and basing a large percentage of an entire brand around him then it's not difficult to see why the company wants him gone ASAP. He was meant to have pretty significant heat before all of this came to light anyway wasn't he? Stuff about being forced to get changed outside the dressing room and the like.

205 Live may well be scrapped off at this point. Everyone and everything surrounding it seems cursed by this point. Aries and Neville quitting, Hideo either being injured or injuring others, Swann's domestic violence case and now this. 

If they really wanted a decent 205 division they have the talent to do it, I mean if you threw Finn Balor, Sami Zayn in there, called up Johnny Gargano, Andrade Almas etc they could push them properly but they don't want to go all the way.

They would of been better off doing what they did in the heyday of the Cruiserweight division in 2002-2004, just have them wrestle on Smackdown.