Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Only wrestling related as it involves Grado, but given all the negative lately thought worth sharing this story of a girl sending him money to go to charity after his mum passed. 

28214DE5-93FF-4397-AD07-D71BF6477192.jpeg

D148DC87-3A2C-4EB9-A28F-5EF2DD05BF4D.jpeg

• Paid Members

Solid headliner, that. Probably means that the rumoured list that's been going around is true, too.

A little sad that it means he likely won't make any more wrestling appearances, but I suspected as much anyway, and it's probably for the best not to risk sullying a near-perfect final run.

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, theringmaster said:

He actually briefly left early 2000's for around 6 months

He was almost certainly still under contract then. From what I can remember he was signed to a 10 year contract on silly money. I'm sure the initial reports were 10years / $10million which would have taken him up to 2005/06. The amount also led to a lot of speculation that the angles they put him in were trying to force him to quit.

• Awards Moderator
1 minute ago, Jon-Carr_92 said:

Sure hope we get another PPV Match Marathon Thread for Goldberg in the runup to the HOF like with Kurt Angle last year. Was brilliant stuff from @HarmonicGenerator and always hoped to see a follow up.

I had not considered this, but... I’ll consider it

1 hour ago, chokeout said:

He was almost certainly still under contract then. From what I can remember he was signed to a 10 year contract on silly money. I'm sure the initial reports were 10years / $10million which would have taken him up to 2005/06. The amount also led to a lot of speculation that the angles they put him in were trying to force him to quit.

I thought chat has moved onto big show , ignore 

Edited by Louch

1 hour ago, Louch said:

His contract got renegotiated after his ovw fat camp run. He wasn’t getting a 1 million downside being away that long, and he was under another contract for boxing that he ended up in court for as well years later for going back to wwe

Are you sure you’re not confusing Mark Henry with Big Show?

28 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

Are you sure you’re not confusing Mark Henry with Big Show?

Thought the chat had moved on with ten years/ ten million chat. Henry was only 250k a year