Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

It looks just as unfunny too!

Sorry, but I think I'll be giving this a miss.

It really does look terrible. The sort of movie the same people who think Mrs Brown's Boys is the height of comedy will love. It's probably going to be incredibly popular. 

1 minute ago, Tommy! said:

'The icon was a much-loved star of the late 1980s and 1990s' 

False news, tugger was never much loved. 

I found this line to be a bit more alarming. 

Lanny Poffo, better known as legend Macho Man Randy Savage, added: "Prayers needed for Fred."

On a loosely related topic, Dave Meltzer is coming under fire on Twitter for responding to allegations about Michael Elgin by linking to a chedevans.com-esque "the real truth" Tumblr which essentially blames the victim 100%.

Of late Dave's had a very "old white guy" sort of approach to these sorts of things. I'm not saying it's impossible for anyone to spontaneously decide to falsely accuse a wrestler of these things and create fake evidence to go along with them, but you'd think that wrestling's supposed prime journalist would seek out better sources than just a single Tumblr account.

Perhaps he would piss off a lot of his mates who feed him stories if he didn’t get defensive. You can imagine wrestlers with rapey pasts might not like it if he started condemning behaviour he knows they’ve done themselves. 

Or he is a massive prick. 

1 minute ago, Keith Houchen said:

Perhaps he would piss off a lot of his mates who feed him stories if he didn’t get defensive. You can imagine wrestlers with rapey pasts might not like it if he started condemning behaviour he knows they’ve done themselves. 

Or he is a massive prick. 

rz1POa3_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

• Paid Members

The outrage at Dave on Twitter - specifically the people screaming at him that he *must* make a public apology - is a bit much. If there's evidence, from a journalistic perspective, the Elgin has done something, he should report on it and, I reckon, apologise to the victim for dismissing it with that link on THE BOARD. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-42659005

BBC article on WWE's take on technology from the CES conference - poorly written, mainly talking about social media and the influence on the "women's evolution" (not exactly accurate)

this line raises eyebrows While the WWE hasn't found itself at the centre of any major sexual harassment claims in the way Hollywood has

Also talks about them trying out doing some VR stuff which could be pretty cool