Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

WWE announced during RAW last night Paige will not be in the women's Royal Rumble match, stemming from that injury she suffered at a house show recently.

Theyve also removed Samoa Joe from the list of participants for the Royal Rumble as he needs an MRI on his foot after injuring it in a recent match against Rhino.

Finally, the finals of the US Title Tournament have been bumped forward to next weeks Smackdown. It looks like they're going to crown a new champion to then have Ziggler continue his HBK-tribute by saying he never forfeit the belt, and they'll then do Ziggler Vs. the winner at the Royal Rumble

• Paid Members

Which is ridiculous, because Ziggler was already the champ, so why vacate the title only to come back and say you're still the rightful champ? But hey, if it means he isn't a 'surprise' entrant at the Rumble, I'm happy.

47 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Which is ridiculous, because Ziggler was already the champ, so why vacate the title only to come back and say you're still the rightful champ? But hey, if it means he isn't a 'surprise' entrant at the Rumble, I'm happy.

He didn't actually vacate it did he? He dropped it in the ring without saying why.

• Awards Moderator
38 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Which will then make Daniel Bryan look like a massive wazzock if he doesn't say Ziggler "that may be, but you left it in the ring and fucked off for a month, 30 days no defence and all that. Now do one"

They can't do the '30 days' thing at the moment, can they? They'd look like idiots as long as Brock Lesnar's a champion. He last defended it in November!

• Paid Members

I guess they could always have Daniel Bryan make a point of that - "unlike the GM of RAW, on Smackdown we want a fighting champion", or something along those lines. I wouldn't go down that route myself, but it's a workaround.

Ultimately, Dolph forfeited the belt. It's not like someone forced him to, or he was "fired", or got hurt, and could come back with a rightful claim to never being beaten. He won it, then said "sorry lads, not interested".

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

You could play it off as Bryan is enforcing it on Smackdown, but what Kurt Angle does on RAW is his business. I do get your point though, and it is a rule that only seems to get trotted out when the storyline needs it

You mean sane decisions like firing and re-hiring someone during the same show? ;)