Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Is it too early to judge Jason Jordan?

(That's totally a gimmick he should keep in his back pocket, by the way. Get Bad News Barrett's gavel out of the warehouse and dish out justice on the mat.)

1 hour ago, ColinBollocks said:

Hall's son is massive, eh? I imagine Vince will take one look at him and fast track him to the main show, if he ever gets signed to WWE.

I might be misremembering this but I was at a Scott Hall Q&A and he said he pretty much could have a word and get him a WWE tryout if he wanted but his son doesn't want any favours.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

Speaking if which.. how has Scott Halls son progressed? I thought he’d have been in development by now.. I’ve either missed something or, his dads advised him not to yet, or he’s a bit shit.

He was "opening match fall guy" for Bullet Club then while he was injured New Japan decided he wasn't worth keeping in that capacity. Draw your own conclusions. He works for Noah now.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

You mean you missed his mid-2000s run in TNA? It was some time between 3LK and VKM I think. I swear Bob got a couple of PPV matches around then.

Yeah, I never caught that run. I remember a lot of people slagging it off, but saying that they liked his promos.

5 hours ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

Speaking if which.. how has Scott Halls son progressed? I thought he’d have been in development by now.. I’ve either missed something or, his dads advised him not to yet, or he’s a bit shit.

Still mostly shit.... in NOAH. Fun to watch for the clusterfuck matches he has from time to time, but he's got a long way to go before he's able to work outside his his comfort zone... which basically means anything technical. Clumsy as hell. There was one match of his I liked from last year:

NOAH - June 4, 2017, Tokyo - Korakuen Hall (1,405 Fans)

Naomichi Marufuji & Maybach Taniguchi (c) -vs- Cody Hall & Randy Reign - (GHC Tag Title) [***]
--- I'm stunned! This delivered.... don't know how, but it did. Following the simple formula of big guys dominating, only to have the local stars gradually fight back. Marufuji looked so small next to Cody Hall and that added to the freak element. He kind of had to step up his game to look credible against such huge opposition. Taniguchi too, but he's stronger and could lift these guys up. It was naturally the towers that did most of the lifting, doing all kinds of double-team slams to keep the tag champs down. But Taniguchi headbutts lead to him bombing Reign down, and that's how they made the towers Hall & Reign fall.

• Paid Members

@PUNQ!!! Haven't seen you in ages! Where've you been?! 

EDIT: I feel like an idiot. Seems you've been posting all this time, and I've not noticed, like a moron.

Edited by Carbomb

Hey, Carbomb! Been a while :) I just recently got into things again last year. So nice to see a mild boom going on, instead of that depressing downward spiral the last time I followed the puroresu scene closely. Haven't been posting much yet. Just getting the feel of things, but have tried to keep a exaggerated match-log going since New Year. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

I’ve just found out that Jerry Saggs is Dusty Rhodes brother in law.. as is Fred Ottman. How has this passed me by?

I knew the Tugboat fact, that's why you sometimes hear him referred to as Uncle Fred.

On ‎07‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 12:19 AM, IANdrewDiceClay said:

I see Izzy, the 10 year old Bayley superfan, is taking bookings now. Doing personal appearances at indy shows. And there's some fucking frightening pictures of odd looking blokes hugging on her and shit at these conventions. What the fucks her parents thinking?

Sorry to rehash this but why on earth would a wrestling company book a ten year old fan? So strange men can pay for a photo op with her? Surely that can't be allowed, it's wrong on many levels.