Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, LEGIT said:

Sorry to rehash this but why on earth would a wrestling company book a ten year old fan? So strange men can pay for a photo op with her? Surely that can't be allowed, it's wrong on many levels.

From what I've seen on Twitter, she got in the ring and gave a heel a kicking too. It's mental.

13 hours ago, Bukamania said:

Strange grown men are tweet at her posing in Izzymania t-shirt and saying they can't wait to meet her. That is fucking creepy.

Stuff like this makes in embarrassing to be a wrestling fan. It's so creepy and there is so much wrong with this. How is this a thing? What's wrong with these freaks who want to meet her. Serious issues.

• Paid Members

It’s bad enough as it is, but add it to the fact that wrestling sex pests are being outed at the moment, it’s the worst kind of cringe.

Also, who in WWE said “yeah great idea”... they must fucking know the kind of freaks it’s going to attract. It’s not even aimed at kids, the images of ‘fans’ circulating are all sweaty men. 

Edit - as Pat rightly pointed out, it has nowt to do with WWE, it’s indy bookings. Don’t know how I misread that.

Point still stands regarding what the fuck are the bookers thinking... but now I’m not as surprised it’s a thing. Which is grim in itself.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

25 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Based in New Jersey.

Even without reading the article, you'd think the "world-us-canada" in the link would tip me off... :blush:

• Paid Members
54 minutes ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

It’s bad enough as it is, but add it to the fact that wrestling sex pests are being outed at the moment, it’s the worst kind of cringe.

Also, who in WWE said “yeah great idea”... they must fucking know the kind of freaks it’s going to attract. It’s not even aimed at kids, the images of ‘fans’ circulating are all sweaty men. 

It's not WWE, she's taking indie bookings.

42 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Based in New Jersey.

Now that you mention it, has the recent allegations regarding Britwrest made the mainstream media? I've not seen anything outside of what has been posted on here

Not as far as I can tell, nor do I expect it too - nobody involved would mean anything to 99% of the population, so it would take something pretty horrific to happen before it would make mainstream press, I suspect.

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

It's not WWE, she's taking indie bookings.

My apologies, I misread.

In which case it unfortunately doesn’t surprise me then. It’s minging, but I’m not surprised.

Regarding the allegations not hitting mainstream.. maybe not, but WWE has had a large vested interest in the U.K. over the last year. Although it’s not on the news as such, you’d assume they are somewhat aware. Doesn’t phase them obviously and doesn’t need too, unless they ever did business with any of the accused or affiliated promotions.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-42981915

article from BBC News focusing on The Monster Factory training school

I listened to an interview with Danny Cage on a podcast....I think it was Austin's a while back.  Also an article is FSM.

He kept banging on about the history of the Monster Factory and who it had produced, but that was all the old gym from decades ago.  As mentioned in the article, Cage just purchased the name, not the actual location, and has only produced Steve Cutler (NXT, hasn't been seen in ages), and Mario Bokara and Fallah Bahh (Impact Wrestling...I had to look up their names).  Thought he came across as a massive know it all in the aforementioned interviews, "this is the right way", type of guy, yet had almost no career to speak of himself as a wrestler.

Maybe I'm being harsh, but I can't feel that so much of the attention the place gets is simply because of its unique name.  If it was exactly the same gym, trainer, and wrestlers produced, but called "New Jersey Wrestling School" I'd think nobody would raise an eyebrow over it.