Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

***MIXED TAG CHALLENGE THOUGHTS*** (because nobody cares enough for it to have its own thread)

I watched last week's show, The Uso couple VS Rose Gold- I thought it was a really enjoyable match/show whatever you wanna call it.

The layout and pacing of the match was completely different to TV and PPV matches, the style was essentially a live/house show style match with plenty of trash talking, much more crowd interaction than usual and a generous heaping of comedy. And the crowd absolutely lapped it up. The kissing spot was good fun- I can't stress how different yet enjoyable this was. They should have more TV matches like this, rather than trying to have wrestling classics condensed into 7 minutes (save the classics for the PPVs). It made me more invested in the performers.

Mandy Rose and Goldust work really well as a couple. They should sack off that rubbish Absolution stable and have these two stick together, it brings out quite a bit of personality in Rose. 

Two thumbs up from me, I'll be catching up on the previous shows and watch the future episodes too.

• Paid Members

I’m more than happy for Goldust to have another run at IC level. Looking back, he’s been none discript ever since losing a female valet (apart from a bit of his stardust run). I’m not suggesting he has to be full on sexdust again, but maybe a bit more than he has been over the last 20 years (20 years, shit).

I’d happily see him go back to more of his original incarnation, the movie buff, with a bit of freakyness. Him feuding with Miz, I’d be all over that.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

I’d happily see him go back to more of his original incarnation, the movie buff, with a bit of freakyness.

I was well chuffed when they basically reinvented the original Goldust (just a bit more PG) after the Golden Truth split up - the movie quote promos etc.

Then they started to balls it up by adding the weird gold-suited cameraman to the gimmick, then  dumped it entirely to turn him face so Bray Wyatt could wipe his facepaint off in the build to the showdown with the Demon King.

Then Goldie attacked Balor for pitying him, which seemed to signal a return to heeldom. But then all of a sudden he was just a face and, for some reason, involved with the Cruiserweights.

So yeah, bring back classic Goldust properly and put the IC strap on him. Hell, I'd not be too opposed to putting one of the big belts on him, with the right storyline around it.

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, Statto said:

So yeah, bring back classic Goldust properly and put the IC strap on him. 

Him, on form, with his wig, quoting films and snarling at the camera... alongside Miz cutting his typically brilliant promos, Doing a bit of a “you weirdo, I’m the real star, you’re a phoney”,  whilst being freaked out by him. I’d really be in to that.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

I’d happily see him go back to more of his original incarnation, the movie buff, with a bit of freakyness. Him feuding with Miz, I’d be all over that.

Co-signed.

https://411mania.com/wrestling/billy-jack-haynes-claims-witnessed-unsolved-murders-1987/

I first heard about these murders a year ago when I watched a documentary video about the Clinton's on YouTube. The two boys supposedly stumbled on a drug running operation that would've implicated Bill Clinton, who was Governor of Arkansas at the time, and several other powerful people.

Weird hearing about it on a wrestling site.