What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

I really enjoyed the first couple of episodes of the remake of Picnic at Hanging Rock and then it's fallen off a cliff a bit (pun mildly intended). Not sure it needed 6 episodes, slow burning it was great for the first couple and then it just felt like fuck all happened in the third. Some very good acting performances and a nice dreamy aesthetic quality to it.

An enjoyable few hours thus far if anyone is struggling for things to watch. 

Edited by Gus Mears

Anyone watching Castle Rock? I'm only a few episodes in but I've enjoyed them a lot so far. Good cast too. I do have the unnerving feeling that it's about to turn in to American Horror Story any minute though. Bill Skarsgard was born for horror, the creepy lanky fuck.

On 8/6/2018 at 1:47 PM, Gus Mears said:

I really enjoyed the first couple of episodes of the remake of Picnic at Hanging Rock and then it's fallen off a cliff a bit (pun mildly intended). Not sure it needed 6 episodes, slow burning it was great for the first couple and then it just felt like fuck all happened in the third. Some very good acting performances and a nice dreamy aesthetic quality to it.

An enjoyable few hours thus far if anyone is struggling for things to watch. 

I've been enjoying it, kinda.

It's interesting and quirky enough to keep me watching but at times it really feels like it's directed by whoever does Home & Away yet they now think they're David Lynch. The quirks come off as awkward most of the time but that has it's charm.

Oh, Samara Weaving and Lily Sullivan đź’ž

Edited by Merzbow

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

I've been enjoying it, kinda.

It's interesting and quirky enough to keep me watching but at times it really feels like it's directed by whoever does Home & Away yet they now think they're David Lynch. The quirks come off as awkward most of the time but that has it's charm.

Oh, Samara Weaving and Lily Sullivan đź’ž

Hang on, Samara Weaving is in it? I'm there. 10/10 five stars.

• Awards Moderator

Ed Balls's Travels in Trumpland is up, and it's a fantastic watch. He's respectful enough not to insult the people he meets but is definitely surprised at their opinions.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/b0bdpvh5?suggid=b0bdpvh5

He visits Southern Legacy Wrestling and has a match with Johnny Slaughter @41min. He uses the concept of a heel to really simply show how quickly Americans (anyone?) can rail against a foreigner. You know what? He's really bloody great in the ring. I don't know if it's edited well or what but he was certainly convincing. I'd rather watch him than Apollo Crews.

(I realise this has been up for about two weeks but I've only just spotted it)

Edited by Onyx2

• Paid Members

Picnic at Hanging Rock finished up and was OK. Never reached the heights of the first two episodes and I spent most of the remaining time confused or staggered at how attractive Samara Weaving is in it.

Probably will take a look at the book though, so not an entirely wasted few hours.