What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

I just saw full penetrative sex on channel 5, I'm not offended but I was extremely surprised, they showed the bloke's full boner going in, when did this become allowed on terrestrial? I used to have to wank to Eurotrash.

Update: Seconds later there was a bloke putting a massive black dildo up his arse. 

Sounds like standard Channel 5 fare to me. That and a bunch of shows making entertainment out of poor people having their possessions taken off them.

• Paid Members
17 hours ago, METAL ON METAL said:

Yeah, I was very impressed by Season 2 of GLOW. I was wary of it possibly declining in quality but it really found its groove quickly and if anything improved upon the first season for me.

As good as Alison Brie (always) is, Betty Gilpin was the MVP - terrific performance...and I am very much in love with her.

Also thought the guy playing Bash really stepped up this season.

Agreed on all counts.

Brie and Gilpin were both amazing, though I think Gilpin had the standout performances for this season purely because she had more to work with - Ruth kind of stumbles from mishap to mishap, while Debbie is having a much more sustained emotional crisis, and it gives her a lot more to work with as an actor. 

I was concerned at first that Sam had just reverted back to the character he was at the start of season one, just a grumpy out of touch director, but as the season progresses he does a really good job at portraying the "Misogynist with a heart of gold" role; watching him stumble towards decency, never quite being a good person but usually doing the right thing if not always for the right reasons, is quite rewarding.

Bash might have been my favourite thing this series. His commentary in the season finale is brilliant, but he's just a superb character all the way through, and when he does get an emotional moment, that they trust him as an actor to basically get it all across alone, rather than in interaction with others, says a lot. Emotionally, the character of Bash is attached to two people who don't even appear on-screen, yet he manages to keep that narrative/emotional journey going, and keep it completely believable. 

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

I just saw full penetrative sex on channel 5, I'm not offended but I was extremely surprised, they showed the bloke's full boner going in, when did this become allowed on terrestrial? I used to have to wank to Eurotrash.

Update: Seconds later there was a bloke putting a massive black dildo up his arse. 

I know they have had to re-format The Wright Stuff, but this is way too much for morning TV.  I’m writing to my MP.

• Moderators

Question about the last episode of the latest series of Brooklyn Nine Nine.

when, at the end, they have Fred Armisen playing the violin for their wedding, they recognise him and refer to him by name as Melipnos. When has that character been on the show before? I don't remember him at all.

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Hide contents

when, at the end, they have Fred Armisen playing the violin for their wedding, they recognise him and refer to him by name as Melipnos. When has that character been on the show before? I don't remember him at all.

The pilot episode and another a little later on as well. Not as a main character though really so bit of an Easter Egg

36 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Reveal hidden contents

He was in a couple of scenes similar to this 

• Awards Moderator

Just finished season 2 of GLOW. I loved it! It was great throughout the season, but they absolutely nailed the finale, tremendous stuff. It had a bit of everything, drama, comedy, twists and turns, and

the most well-booked battle royal I’ve seen in ages. Genuinely think I enjoyed that more than the Women’s Royal Rumble.

Really hope there’s a season 3.