What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

What were the pay offs like in Line of Duty?  I'm enjoying Bodyguard, despite imagining Theresa May doing all the things Keely Hawe is doing *shudders* but I can't help but think it's going to get all ITV crime drama on us and have a ridiculously stupid ending.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

What were the pay offs like in Line of Duty?  I'm enjoying Bodyguard, despite imagining Theresa May doing all the things Keely Hawe is doing *shudders* but I can't help but think it's going to get all ITV crime drama on us and have a ridiculously stupid ending.

not started watching it yet, but Line of Duty has some amazing payoffs. It is my favorite British drama series by far. Each season gets better

• Paid Members

Watched the first two episodes of Magic for Humans. It’s well put together...probably *too* well put together if anything - not sure how I feel about the multiple angles and some of the reactions.    

But an interesting watch all the same - I’m a complete sucker for magic and illusions (a trick is something a whore does for money) and there’s a certain charm to it, so I may give it another couple of watches.

8 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

The Sinner on Netflix was ok.  Started really good and intriguing but thought it tailed off towards the end.  Bill Pullman and Jessica Biel were good all the way through.

It's midway through its second season at the moment. It manages to be way less interesting whilst shooting for a much more sensational story.

• Paid Members

Adventure Time had it's season finale last week and it was a beautiful ending to an amazing show. Two spectacular music moments ensured that there wasn't a dry eye to be found.  I think/hope looking back that Adventure Time will be seen as the inspirational and incredibly clever show that it is. I'm now going to have to move on to Steven Universe for my animation fix. I have high hopes.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members

I watched Fleabag this week, given the plaudits it has received over the past couple of years. Really enjoyed it and Phoebe Waller-Bridge gives a brilliant performance- both very funny and tragic in equal measurement. New series next year, I'm not sure where they'll go with it. It'll take some writing to prevent this from being a 'difficult second series', I hope she delivers.