What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

9 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

So Sharp Objects, I've only seen the first episode but this looks like it'll be a bit special. I love some dark Americana and this doesn't disappoint, there's this constant sense of unease that hooks me in, good shit.

The book is brilliant and the TV show is shaping up to be a good adaptation. Same director as Big Little Lies which is well worth checking out too.

• Awards Moderator

I saw an advert on BBC last night for Ed Balls roadtripping America (ostensibly to understand Trump voters but I suspect to have a jolly). In one scene he dons the singlet and drops a big elbow... I'm intrigued.

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, Onyx2 said:

I saw an advert on BBC last night for Ed Balls roadtripping America (ostensibly to understand Trump voters but I suspect to have a jolly). In one scene he dons the singlet and drops a big elbow... I'm intrigued.

I hope the series is called Tripping Balls.

• Moderators

The second episode of Who Is America? is sensational. The politician in the opening segment gets owned harder than anyone in the history of these type of shows. In a normal world, that would be the end of him forever, but in this terrible timeline, he'll just be allowed to keep working like nothing happened. Spotted Nathan Fielder in the writing credits, which makes sense, as there's an amazing town hall meeting skit which feels very Nathan For You.

• Paid Members
On 7/19/2018 at 9:31 AM, Onyx2 said:

Ed Balls was on The One Show last night. It appears the wrestling part of his upcoming show is an attempt at making a link to wrestling and Trump's political tactics.

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, BigJag said:

Ed Balls was on The One Show last night. It appears the wrestling part of his upcoming show is an attempt at making a link to wrestling and Trump's political tactics.

That's absurd, there's no link between Trump and wrest-

triple.jpg.37fc2687d3d53b0f5dfc64cca661e973.jpg

Oh. 

• Paid Members
On 7/23/2018 at 10:35 AM, Astro Hollywood said:

The second episode of Who Is America? is sensational. The politician in the opening segment gets owned harder than anyone in the history of these type of shows. In a normal world, that would be the end of him forever, but in this terrible timeline, he'll just be allowed to keep working like nothing happened. Spotted Nathan Fielder in the writing credits, which makes sense, as there's an amazing town hall meeting skit which feels very Nathan For You.

The politician dropping his trousers and charging at the "Terrorist" to try and turn him homo was incredible. The town hall meeting though wasn't a surprise. That is how I imagine that part of America anyway. People who've never seen a Muslim don't like the fact that they want to build a mosque in their town isn't shocking, and neither is the fact they were racist. I didn't find that bit funny, because that was just shooting fish in a barrel. 

• Moderators
On 7/23/2018 at 10:35 AM, Astro Hollywood said:

In a normal world, that would be the end of him forever, but in this terrible timeline, he'll just be allowed to keep working like nothing happened. 

He has now resigned in shame.