What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

Can you switch off the dubbing on all the foreign Netflix shows? I started watching that German show that looked like a cross between that French show where all the dead people come back and Stranger Things but the dubbing was awful.

5 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Can you switch off the dubbing on all the foreign Netflix shows? I started watching that German show that looked like a cross between that French show where all the dead people come back and Stranger Things but the dubbing was awful.

You can indeed. In viewing settings along with subtitles options

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

I started watching that German show that looked like a cross between that French show where all the dead people come back and Stranger Things but the dubbing was awful.

What a fucking great show that was. Unfortunately, we were halfway through watching the 2nd series and forgot to series link- and now can't seem to find it anywhere :(

• Paid Members

The Terror is the best show of the year without a doubt. A friend of mine is actually related to the real life equivalent of one of the major characters and wants to watch it, but I'm not sure if she'd enjoy watching her relative eat human flesh.

I've started watching Barry which is absolutely fantastic so far.

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Where can I find The Terror to watch? Is it on any of the main streaming services? I finished the book a month or so ago and would love to watch the series.

(Also, Michael Palin has just brought a book out about the real HMS Erebus ... )

It was on AMC in the UK so if you have BT TV your in luck. Not seen it pop up anywhere else, I assume it will be on Prime before long

• Awards Moderator
13 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

It was on AMC in the UK so if you have BT TV your in luck. Not seen it pop up anywhere else, I assume it will be on Prime before long

I don't have BT TV, but I'll hope for a Prime addition! Or a DVD release, to be honest.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

On 10/5/2018 at 7:49 PM, Merzbow said:

There's a new show on Netflix called Elite, I've only watched the first episode so far but it looks like it could be great. It's a Spanish high-school based murder mystery that's heavy on sociopolitical issues, just make sure you turn off the English dubbing as it's baad.

Started this last night, it's quite decent. Half the cast of Money Heist are in it too, which helps as that was great.

• Paid Members

Started watching The Good Place last week and I'm now a few episodes into season 2. It's fun and the concept and cast are great. The editing and pacing does feel off though, especially towards the end of the episodes, and some of the ADR is diabolical. Either an entire character/story arch was written out or the episodes were meant to be 45 mins - 1 hour long, the editing is that slap dash some times.

But it's easy to look past these faults given the positives. Ted Danson is an absolute joy and the rest of the cast shine well. 

17 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Started this last night, it's quite decent. Half the cast of Money Heist are in it too, which helps as that was great.

Adding that to my list, I'd somehow missed it.

I'm surprised how sexed up the characters in Elite are, this for sure ain't Riverdale.. It even puts Skins to shame.

Maniac - This had the potential to be something else. The first six episodes were really good and brought you into the story but the last four lost its charm what gets you to that point and wraps things up in a rushed manner. The episode times are all over the place too so they probably lost the scope of what they could further potentially achieve.

I've no idea if they are going to try and build on this or it was a one shot but I'd love to see Owen (Jonah Hill) and Annie (Emma Stone) in more capers like an in mind Quantum Leap.

Edited by Rule One
Fucking auto correct. Who the fuck is Jonas Hilli. Fucking fuckity fuck, phone.