What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

The last 5 minutes of the series finale of Its Always Sunny series 13 is the most brilliant moment the show has ever had. I'm sat with genuine tears rolling down my face.

Seek out as soon as you can. It's stunning. The series has had some ups and downs, but this has made it for me.

On 11/6/2018 at 11:10 AM, Keith Houchen said:

Will be watching the season 4 finale of Vikings tonight.  It's watchable guff but when it's bad, it's bad. Lagertha is ace and the one who looks like a member of Frostnazi is cool but King Ecbert is the franchise player here.  He is about to cark it though.

I have to keep reminding myself that it isn't a documentary so I shouldn't get annoyed with it being historically all over the place.  And I'm not sure if I subliminally don't like it because Ragnar reminds me of the terrible Jax from the terrible Sons Of Anarchy.

I actually like this show because of Ragnar. This scene was great. One of those moments when you get sucked in to tv.

I did an actual LOL at that scene to be honest, Ragnar as an opium fiend was all round hilarious.  But as I say, it's probably the Jax Teller thing and the way some of them sound like pre school storytellers with that accent that irrationally put me off.  I'm the one in the wrong here.

On 11/8/2018 at 4:07 PM, SuperBacon said:

The last 5 minutes of the series finale of Its Always Sunny series 13 is the most brilliant moment the show has ever had. I'm sat with genuine tears rolling down my face.

Seek out as soon as you can. It's stunning. The series has had some ups and downs, but this has made it for me.

I watched it last night. An absolutely amazing scene and very emotional. 

The season overall wasn't as good as season 12, but it was still quite strong. Amazing that it's still so well written and so popular after 13 seasons. And totally rewatchable. 

• Moderators
On 11/6/2018 at 10:51 AM, gmoney said:

I've been reading Tina Fey's autobiography and it's reminded me just how good 30 Rock was, and that I should watch it again. And i'm going to. 

What did you think of her book? I wanted to enjoy it but I found it a bit boring. And I say this as someone who has watched the entire 30 Rock run several times.

• Paid Members
40 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

What did you think of her book? I wanted to enjoy it but I found it a bit boring. And I say this as someone who has watched the entire 30 Rock run several times.

I enjoyed sections of it, but it had that thing that seems quite common in American comedian's autobiographies where they seemed to feel slightly ashamed of talking about their life in any great detail, and so it's padded out with lists and articles. I found myself wishing she'd  spent more than a few pages about her improv career, or the backstage stuff around SNL and 30 Rock. As an example, she barely mentions working with Tracy Morgan at all, and I can not believe for one second there's nothing interesting there. It wasn't very gossipy either, which is a must for a memoir I reckon. There was no mention of Rachel Dratch being blocked from playing Jenna in 30 Rock for example, but that's probably due to the fact it was still on the air when the book was written. Amy Poehler's book was similar, if not worse for being padded out and having little to say though, so it was better than that.

• Paid Members

Just got done watching Maniac last night, thought it was very well done with Jonah Hill putting in a great performance. Justin Theroux was fantastic in it too.

But the one thing I instantly took from it, was the stylisation. Utopia has paved the way visually for so much, I really despair at how Channel 4 treated that show.

• Awards Moderator
50 minutes ago, Teedy Kay said:

Utopia has paved the way visually for so much, I really despair at how Channel 4 treated that show.

Aw you reminded me of Utopia. What a great show that was. I feel like boxsetting it again.