What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

*quick lads, TildeGuys posted something let’s all jump on it*

Edit: It’s fine, I won’t post anymore then.

Mission Accomplished.

You see, I knew that would be your response, and that's not what everyone is aiming for with their replies.

Just for once post something of substance. I get that your thing is posting news before everyone else does, whatever floats your boat (although it will be your hill to die on if/when you get things wrong), but it's the lazy copying and pasting walls of text rather than giving an actual opinion that's crap. And I mean something more than 'yeah I like Kairi Hojo' or 'I hate Michael Cole'. This thread is where people discuss which programmes they have been watching and you've just chucked in a name of a show and copied the synopsis from Wiki. Did you like it? What did you like about it? Would you recommend it?

And stop crying 'bully' when you get pulled up for making shit, lazy or empty posts.

Going back to Friday Night Dinner, I started watching the first series on demand recently- it's a decent quick little watch. Nothing ground-breaking about it, but funny enough and something me and my wife actually both enjoy (which is a rarity with TV these days!). Tamsin Greig is brilliant (and quite hot in this- anyone else? @johnnyboy perhaps?) and the dad is a realistic type of Dad that you don't often see in shows. I like the weird little things like the fact he's constantly 'baking hot' and taking his top off. I like the Mark Heap obsession with Greig's character as well. Two thumbs up from me so far.

I'm definitely a cross between Martin from Friday Night Dinners and Hal when in come to dadding. #semi-nakedchef

I can see why people would be put off it with Simon Bird and Jim Rosenthal's lad being your typical unlikeable annoying little turds but as usual with family sitcoms it's the parents that steal the show. 

5 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Good lord. Heston has been killed off in Doctors. At least milfy Zara is still in it. 

If you are reduced to watching Doctors, things have got bad in the Houchen household.  It's hands down the worst produced, written, acted thing on terrestrial tv.

Play RDR2, go for a spin on your mobility scooter, have another wank, copy/paste synopses from Wikipedia onto UKFF, sit on the fence for 45 minutes... just don't watch Doctors!

I've been off work sick for the past week and a half. Daytime TV is really guff. It's so poop I actually watched Neighbours yesterday, I haven't watched it since 2001. Surprised how many of the same characters are in it!

Edited by deathrey

I hate Bargin Hunt, I don't mind some iof the housing shows but they get a bit boring after a while.  Do they still have that show where they try to track down distant relatives of deceased people to give them an inheritance? I watched that a few times in the past and liked it. I've watched far too many repeats of Friends and Modern Family for it to be healthy. 

Regional news I liked when I lived in Yorkshire, I couldn't give a crap since I've moved to the West Midlands, it's just lots of stabbings

5 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

You're so lucky not to be banned. I'm going to marry Christine Trevanion one day (I've actually found out she lives near me and we have mutual friends), and I'm not going to let you fuck this up.

My best mates wife's mum and dad lives next door to her if you need an in.

• Paid Members

I was in A&E on Monday because I broke my foot and spent about 4 hours waiting and watching daytime TV for the first time since I used to pull sickies at school. I was actually surprised by how pleasant and easy it was to watch. I mean obviously it's shit but you feel like everyone involved knows it's shit but they're making the best of it. It's endearing in a way.

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

You're so lucky not to be banned. I'm going to marry Christine Trevanion one day (I've actually found out she lives near me and we have mutual friends), and I'm not going to let you fuck this up.

If we're talking Bargain Hunt crushes, it's Natasha Raskin or nowt.