What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

The Girl From Nowhere 

Cracking little show out of Thailand that has been uploaded to Netflix about a girl called Nanno who transfers from school to school every episode exposing students and teachers, there’s 13 episodes in total, I’m through 7 of them so far.

Very Enjoyable

3 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Ooh that sounds like just my kinda thing, cheers for the heads up.

Watch it NOW, 

I finished up the rest of the episodes last night, really hoping it does well on Netflix and gets a 2nd season, I was left wanting more by the end of it. 

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

I've started watching The Good Place and it much better than I expected, plus Jameela is the most gorgeous woman alive so that helps..

The first series of this was a lot of fun, but I thought it fell off hard after that.

Will be watching the season 4 finale of Vikings tonight.  It's watchable guff but when it's bad, it's bad. Lagertha is ace and the one who looks like a member of Frostnazi is cool but King Ecbert is the franchise player here.  He is about to cark it though.

I have to keep reminding myself that it isn't a documentary so I shouldn't get annoyed with it being historically all over the place.  And I'm not sure if I subliminally don't like it because Ragnar reminds me of the terrible Jax from the terrible Sons Of Anarchy.

• Awards Moderator
21 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Will be watching the season 4 finale of Vikings tonight.  It's watchable guff but when it's bad, it's bad. Lagertha is ace and the one who looks like a member of Frostnazi is cool but King Ecbert is the franchise player here.  He is about to cark it though.

I have to keep reminding myself that it isn't a documentary so I shouldn't get annoyed with it being historically all over the place.  And I'm not sure if I subliminally don't like it because Ragnar reminds me of the terrible Jax from the terrible Sons Of Anarchy.

We're halfway through season 4 at the moment (just had a timejump) but haven't got round to watching it for a while now. At what point does Edge become a regular character? Agreed on Lagertha being ace, she's always been the best thing in it.

• Awards Moderator
1 minute ago, Keith Houchen said:

The wrestler? Must be season 5 as he isn't in it yet.  Edge is in it? Vikings, I thought I knew you.

Yeah, apparently. I only know this because he talks about filming Vikings in Ireland a lot on the E&C podcast - must just be season 5 he's in then, I'll stop looking out for him.

• Paid Members

I'm slowly getting through Insatiable on Netflix. Interesting enough show. Everybody seems to want to bump uglies with at least one other person, and they're mostly terrible. The main character isn't massively sympathetic, but there are a couple of characters in there that you want to root for. Some of it feels a bit "let's see how far we can go with this ex Disney channel child star" or "remember her from that thing your kids used to watch? Here she is almost getting them out." The actual audio mixing/recording of the dialog is really weird as well. I can't quite explain it, but it's present in some of the later seasons of Power Rangers as well. I can't explain it.

Edit, I'll try to explain: It's almost like it's too loud, or they've used some effects to try and boost the volume and it's right on the brink of sounding distorted.

Edited by jazzygeofferz