What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

I'm near the end of season 2 in The Wire and I still can't get into it. It's really slow. Everyone keeps telling me season 2 is one of the worst so I just don't know.

yeh, if you ain't feeling it by now it probably isn't for you.

It's my favorite show but it's not something i'd recommend to everyone.

I've got a bit of a guilty pleasure at the moment, some kids show called Wolf Blood. It's a bit daft but the kinda show I would have loved back in the day plus it's got Trevor from Eastenders in it, sadly he hasn't pushed anyones face into a plate of gravy yet.

I've watched all the Raised by Wolves episodes over the long weekend. It's bloody good, I'm not sure why I'd avoided it until now. The accents are almost all solid to great as well. Only Paul Higgins is in the shit-as-Peaky-Blinders territory.

Has anyone watched the new Will Arnett show on Netflix? I gave it a few minutes when I was tired a week or two back and it didn't grab me, but I've not heard anyone talking about it the way they do with a lot of the Netflix originals.

Edited by King Pitcos

• Paid Members

Has anyone watched the new Will Arnett show on Netflix? I gave it a few minutes when I was tired a week or two back and it didn't grab me, but I've not heard anyone talking about it the way they do with a lot of the Netflix originals.

I watched four or five episodes and didn't laugh once. It seemed to be 80% Will Arnett riding around town on a bike to show how carefree and not at all like GOB his character is.

• Awards Moderator

The Night Manager - as good as I'd hoped with such a stellar cast. Really looking forward to the rest of the series.

I'm very excited for the finale tonight.

Fantastic show. Loved it. Both Hiddleston and Laurie were sooooooperb.

• Paid Members

The Night Manager - as good as I'd hoped with such a stellar cast. Really looking forward to the rest of the series.

I'm very excited for the finale tonight.
Fantastic show. Loved it. Both Hiddleston and Laurie were sooooooperb.

Everyone was great, especially Coleman. I loved it, but not sure I'd like a second run, though it's possible for some of them

The Shield is good, but it's nowhere near The Wire -- or even Sons of Anarchy.

shane.jpg

No show has ever came close to hitting the heights The Shield did from the season five finale up to the (perfect) ending, for me. Any TV acting awards from this time-frame that didn't have "Walton Goggins" stamped on them should be ruled void.

100% agree. The Shield is by far my favourite TV show. Just a solid outing from start to finish, and as you've said a perfect finale. One of the few shows that didn't suffer as a result of the writers strike.