What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

Right, I don't have a series to watch at the moment apart from Walking Dead and Person of Interest. I've just finished all of Parks & Rec, and rematched all of Seinfeld again, so my choices to blitz through are:

Community

Breaking Bad

The Wire

The Shield

GoT series 5

It's Always Sunny...

What do we reckon?

It's got to be Breaking Bad. It took me a few attempts, and at times during the first couple of series you're left wondering what the hype was all about, but it's totally worth it by the end. If you go back and look at the first series after completing it, it's astounding to see the differences in characters and how much they'd developed. There's better individual episodes of TV out there, but as a whole, it's in the top 5 TV shows ever.

As an added bonus, you'll be able to watch Better Call Saul afterwards which is great in its own right too.

You will want to do GoT before the new series starts next month.

Watch. You will want to watch GoT.
Ha, at least he said Series and not fucking Season!

Anyway, I'm going to give Community and The Wire a whirl, see how I get on. I tell you what though, The Wire better not be better than The Sopranos. I'm not changing my favourite show of all time again.

Edited by SuperBacon

• Paid Members

What is there left for Phil to do? He felt overexposed as a character years ago.

I haven't been a regular Eastenders watcher since that glorious period when Phil became a smack addict over the weekend and they illustrated this by having him wear Michael Foot's donkey jacket and listen to The Who on repeat. Up there with flushing Ian Beale's bonce down the shitter.

I watched Maigret, the world's most boring detective, on ITV last night. Mr Bean was quite good in it and I enjoyed its total lack of violence. Can't be doing with anything to brutal on a Monday evening.